Security Installer Community

Cable Type

al-yeti

Hi

ok i read some other threads, but to save running extra cables anyone managed to get sheilded alarm cable 8CORE in and out of a kyprox without having a mess in side, i tried it and wasnt working out very well and didnt want to run another cable to the location, or do you think better to put a joint in and continue to the keypad in one direction and detector in another direction

Belden

Cat5

6 core Alarm shielded

8 core alarm shielded

Obvious types, sorry forgot to mention going in and out of a honeywell keprox, i often notice there tampers are very sensitive and the fault sometimes is with even the raw plugs not being in all the way and allowing the back plate to flex, and then again to many cores which seem difficult to joint behind the keypad is messy and doesnt allow the keypad to close up nicely

anyhow just thought i would ask what you all do, i suppose you wont run a detector on the same line? so stick to 6core instead?

oh and if i continued with the rs485 i assume i would have to make sure the shield is connected all the way through yes? to next device

You all look bored

Hi

ok i read some other threads, but to save running extra cables anyone managed to get sheilded alarm cable 8CORE in and out of a kyprox without having a mess in side,

Shielded 8 core is not the same as belden or cat5e cable. The manufacturers don't support shielded 6/8 core as suitable for the product you are using.

Looping a cable in and out of a keyprox keypad is easy enough. Sometimes you need to hack to wall out to create space but perfectly possible.

or do you think better to put a joint in and continue to the keypad in one direction and detector in another direction

I would never dream of sharing a RS485 line with anything. Remember as it is RS485 any joints must keep the line in the format described in the book.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

oh and if i continued with the rs485 i assume i would have to make sure the shield is connected all the way through yes? to next device

Abosultly or it is only shielded to the point you break the shield. Once advantage to using cat5e is there is no shield to worry about. Only connect the shield of the belden cable at the panel end only. Don't earth it at any other point.

pictures with words you rough ****.

So as there is no real room behind the keypad compared to the MK3 your suggestion would be?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

i did a job up in er forgot the name of the area but it was some ambasoders house , they werent to happy with ADT

anyhow they used standard 6 core to all the keyprox!

thanks for the advice

We have a take over its a GD520 and a big system at that. All of the data is in **** 6 core, thank god it's been 100% ok for the last 2 years.

It was fitted by a local gold co who recently sold out, some of the things we have found on site since taking it on have been shocking to say the least, it's not that there's no money in it either.

Edit due to ipad making up its own words again :)

Yeah, there's a RIO above the keypad that's spurred off with the beldon (only bit of beldon I've seen in the entire install, ironically)

Had to seperate out the incoming + on that keypad the other week to add an aux PSU in due to volt drop, was deffo an **** twitching moment!

Trade Member

Yeah, there's a RIO above the keypad that's spurred off with the beldon (only bit of beldon I've seen in the entire install, ironically)

Had to seperate out the incoming + on that keypad the other week to add an aux PSU in due to volt drop, was deffo an **** twitching moment!

Sounds like the same place I am on about.

Archived