Security Installer Community

Diy Honeywell Galaxy 16+ Initial Help Please?

gixerlad

Thank you very much for that Alan... I mean datafusion!  I will give that a shot. I did wonder about the specific zone so looked at 8 and it was not there though will check again and I will also go and make sure 6 and 7 is not there, as I just skipped straight to 8 to look. Thanks again! I shall go and fiddle.

hmm well the fun and games continue. I have sorted the bell issue by putting  a wire from the T in the bell to the 0- terminal and that is great so the last issue is this smoke detector. I did as you kindly drew and there is a new issue with it. As I have solved the bell problem it will now come out of engineering mode and is working brilliantly but whilst the smoke alarm is connected, when you go to set the alarm in either user or engineer mode, it just says 5 intruder and fire underneath and will not allow the system to set. When I remove the wiring for the smoke alarm it all sets brilliantly. (I use intruder on the zone as fire is not an option)

when programming the zone I read the manual and it said that option 5 in the relevant programming bit is fire but when I go through it on the system, option 5 that should say fire says unused. So the alarm seems to be different to the manual in this one and only respect, did look through the same zone info for all the zones 1 to 8 and they all have the same, option 5 saying unused not fire as it does in the booook. Am I being a complete idiot here and missing something very simple? Have tried various things but to no joy.

The only other thing I notice is that when the smoke detector is wired in as per your instructions and I reconnect the battery you get a full alarm activation but when you just remove the detector and keep everything else the same and reconnect the battery you only get the horn and keypad sounding, not the "bell" not sure if that helps in any way. Also the only other thing I have done is bridge each unused zone with a resistor, so zone 5 shares one terminal with zone 6 so in zone 5 it has the two wires going to 3 and 4 on the smoke alarm and the second wire shares the slot with one of the legs from the resistor in zone 6.

Any help much appreciated as I am a little stuck given the book is different to what I am actually seeing and there is no warning or messages it just simply identifies the zone and will not let the setting countdown begin. 

Thanks Ben.

I should add I know next to nothing about these panels - I'm assuming a 1k/1k resistor is still needed on a fire zone?

Not that you're able to make it a fire zone yet, but just a thought.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived