Security Installer Community

Diy Honeywell Galaxy 16+ Initial Help Please?

gixerlad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dialler

+12 to 12v in panel

0v to 0v in panel

trig1 to bell output.

The tamper connections are to detect the dialler being opened, id wire this in series with your bell tamper return

smoke

dunno what 1,2,3 & 4 mean, if you look in your book for it id suggest they are +,-,c and nc

shock

assuming blue and yellow for circuit

yellow to left tamper

1 leg of resistor into right tamper

other leg of resistor into left alarm

another resistor with an end of each in the alarm connector

blue in the right alarm connecter

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

A couple of issues have arisen and hopefully this will finalise things.

It will not let me exit engineer mode.According to the manual this is because there are issues to resolve.(Enter code the esc) It lists two  faults.

1.) One is just the word Bell with no + or - by it. On the bell terminal in the control panel I have the negative terminal from a sound bomb and the positive terminal from the sound bomb goes to one of the aux + points. It does show this as acceptable in a drawing in the manual and says a "bell" can be connected in this way without a resistor being included. The sounder works perfectly. Goes off in an alarm situation and does not go off at any other time. Would anyone have any thoughts why it is insisting there is a bell issue. There are no other wires any any of the other bell output connections.

2.) The smoke detector is wired as per the instructions and as per the kind link provided above, When the smoke detector is not connected to the base then all is fine but when it is it also shows up in the fault area with the bell as a tamper problem. Remove the detector from the base and the fault goes. So a bit stuck.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Perhaps should have said, do not want to use the ADT bell box as an internal sounder and a dialler will do. So guess the system is spotting there is no ADT box and letting me know, perhaps the better question is what is needed to fool it into thinking there is no tamper issue with a box that is not there.

To update the smoke detector. No resistors at all and it shows as a tamper issue. Fit resistor across 3 and 4 and then tamper only shows if detector is connected to the base.  I have the zone programmed as intruder as there is no fire option which I thought was odd as there is one in the guide, but it does not come up in the menu.

Perhaps should have said, do not want to use the ADT bell box as an internal sounder and a dialler will do. So guess the system is spotting there is no ADT box and letting me know, perhaps the better question is what is needed to fool it into thinking there is no tamper issue with a box that is not there.

To update the smoke detector. No resistors at all and it shows as a tamper issue. Fit resistor across 3 and 4 and then tamper only shows if detector is connected to the base.  I have the zone programmed as intruder as there is no fire option which I thought was odd as there is one in the guide, but it does not come up in the menu.

Here is how you need to wire the base... you will need a terminal block (single) and sleeving to do it right with the M12

Wire 1------------------------------[RESISTOR]-----------------------------[TERMINAL 3]

*

*

[Fit another resistor ACROSS terminals 3 and 4]

*

*

Wire 2---------------------------------------------------------------------------[TERMINAL 4]

As for fire in the menu, I only ever take this model out ;) but perchance it is only available on a certain zone, i.e. 8??

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived