Security Installer Community

Diy Honeywell Galaxy 16+ Initial Help Please?

gixerlad

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Security warehouse won't sell them. This is what you want http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1K-TO-10K-CARBON-FILM-RESISTOR-1-4-W-1-2-W-E12-RANGE-FREE-POST-OVER-5-/320874387076?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item4ab59a9684

Select value 1k and power 1/4w

Any detector connected will need resistors including smoke detectors, yes.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Hi, hopefully last ' ish question.

Having cheated and bought door contacts with the resistors built in, I know need to fit the speech dialer, one shock sensor and one smoke alarm to complete the setup. I have the resistors, thanks Matthew, but stoopid question, how are they wired in, in between the wire and the contact of the item/sensor? I cannot find a definitive answer with the search function but may not be using the correct terminology of course.

Thanks, Ben.

That is very kind Matthew thanks, I did not find the pics in the manual THAT easy to follow.  4 pages for the manual, thats alarm world humour right? 113 pages including all appendix. I'll have another read and if I really cant make sense of it I will post a picture. :)

113, wow. The 16+/8+ was a very simple panel compared to it's bigger brothers so I assume it is written in 40pt font. I couldn't think of what you could write so much about the baby panel. I was quite a fan of them in their time for small systems.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived