Security Installer Community

Cctv Over Cloud

kingkongdaz

Hey Guys

Has anyone installed CCTV (home or business) and linked it up to cloud rather than going through a DVR, which will enable the customer to view there property via cloud on their mobile device such as an iPhone/iPad or other mobile devices, not forgetting home PC.

Also for those in the UK, which 1-12 camera dome set-up with good night vision (at least 600tvl) night vision 25 metres can you recommend? I'm trying to buy wholesale to sell on. We have Qvis dome cameras around our home which seem fine just wondered if anything is out on the market and if you can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks
Darran

Hey Guys

Has anyone installed CCTV (home or business) and linked it up to cloud rather than going through a DVR, which will enable the customer to view there property via cloud on their mobile device such as an iPhone/iPad or other mobile devices, not forgetting home PC.

Also for those in the UK, which 1-12 camera dome set-up with good night vision (at least 600tvl) night vision 25 metres can you recommend? I'm trying to buy wholesale to sell on. We have Qvis dome cameras around our home which seem fine just wondered if anything is out on the market and if you can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks

Darran

You dont need to record to a cloud to view remotely, the only real advantage to recording remotely for the customer is that they still have recordings if the recorder is stolen/destroyed. There are more advantages for the installer the main one is control. The biggest disadvantage of recording to a cloud is the reliance on third party ISP provider's and BT ect. Recording locally and cloud is safest   

Archived