Security Installer Community

Yell/hibu, Opinions?

JaysonKandiah

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning ,

I have just signed up with Hibu/Yell and have 2 week cooling off period, i find it diffiuclt to really believe the amount of companies calling me that tell me they can boost my sales dramtically.

google wanted me to spend £25 per day -- i impressed them with my budget requirements of £50 a month .

it looks like i may scrap my Hibu sign up

thanks

Steve Haley

No Entry Security Limited

Good Morning ,

I have just signed up with Hibu/Yell and have 2 week cooling off period, i find it diffiuclt to really believe the amount of companies calling me that tell me they can boost my sales dramtically.

google wanted me to spend £25 per day -- i impressed them with my budget requirements of £50 a month .

it looks like i may scrap my Hibu sign up

thanks

Im on hibu but it is a waste of money, every call I get they have phoned four or five others as well

Matt's more of a quantity over quality type of guy.

We're in the book but only in the SSAIB corporate ad, and tbf it does generate some good leads so we've stayed in year after year. The calls we get tend to be people looking for local suppliers and not just one of the crowd, having found us under an inspectorate banner the callers are generally a bit better informed than they may otherwise have been.

I think money spent just in the general section with everyone else would be money wasted.

Originally said by Charles Babbage
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Matt's more of a quantity over quality type of guy.

Not got any rivers near you that you could take a walk buy? Preferably blindfolded.

We're in the book but only in the SSAIB corporate

Not good enough to be gold then?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Not good enough to be gold then?

Ive no interest in following the herd.

On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.

Far less restrictive as you keep pointing out, for example no ISO. NSI is nothing more than a business model, and in this part of the world has no benefits, in fact the 3 major NSI co's I reguarly compete against all compete on price and we are more often than not more expensive than them.

We would all be better off if they got their **** together, but there doesnt appear to be a documented procedure for that.

Have now cancelled my Hibu account under the 14 day cancellation policy, has anyone had any luck with advertising in the local magazine type tthing that you get through your letterbox every few months? 

Steve Haley

No Entry Security Limited

for what it's worth

I don't advertise at all other than business cards and name on EWD's, i work 99% on recommendation, but that takes time to build up.

when i have tried advertising i got mostly begging call from charity's, agencies trying to sign me onto estate agents brochures for an exorbitant fee, or enquiries to survey in the ar$e end of some God forsaken town miles from anywhere late at night, even had calls early hours to supply security guards ffsks.

If you have gone the registered route then basically you have to advertise ti get the turnover, my advise is to be very careful how it is worded and composed, remember it will be out there for a very long time compared to the old Yellow pages being dropped on your doorstep.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Go on, show us a pic.... I'll show you mine.

sorry no can do, my clients pay dearly fir the honour of having my cover adorn their front elevation, so i do't want to devalue it ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived