Security Installer Community

Vehicle Weapon Of Choice

JaysonKandiah

When our two whippets were younger, we already had two lovely men in a transit asking if they are available

for breeding and 'where do we live' :(

I prefer the full fat Transits but maybe that's just me? Transit connects and decent vans too but carrying 3 people plus all the kit is an under rated thing.

The custom looks good, when my Scudo dies (hopefully not for a few years yet) it looks better

value than the transporter, and surely more reliable than the 'new' (2007 >) Scudo.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

When our two whippets were younger, we already had two lovely men in a transit asking if they are available

for breeding and 'where do we live' :(

The custom looks good, when my Scudo dies (hopefully not for a few years yet) it looks better

value than the transporter, and surely more reliable than the 'new' (2007 >) Scudo.

In terms of value, isn't there a decent 2nd hand market down your area of the Transporters?

It's still the vehicle of choice for the surf boys

Hence they go for stupid, stupid money. People truly think they are gold dust.

Saw one being sold only yesterday, the guy had just got a huge bit of cardboard

and written "Look! T5 just £20500 ono" for some 5 year old thing...

I love my old shape Scudo, apparently the new ones are very unreliable, lots of pricy

diesel faults etc... I think it says a lot that even some utlilites round here hang on to

their 05 plate old shape scudos (and equivalent model pugs/citroens), even Wiltshire

Farm Foods (owned by some multi billion Scandinavian conglomerate) has an 04 one on the go daily...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hence they go for stupid, stupid money. People truly think they are gold dust.

Saw one being sold only yesterday, the guy had just got a huge bit of cardboard

and written "Look! T5 just £20500 ono" for some 5 year old thing...

Nowt wrong with that if i can get the same when it comes to moving mine on.

I can't be specific, just found forum upon forum of people with post 07 models talking about £1200 repair bills.

Not very scientific I agree, but the sheer number of pre 07 ones still on the road says something.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to expand the fleet but need to get a van or car that can accommodate a large ladder, the ladder is roughly 8 metres extended, what ladder size do you normally take out on an installation?

i have a Toyota power van, had 2 in a row. near bomb proof. allows me to but my triple, Little Giants, Platform and small steps under a false floor i made. Which Keeps them clean, safe and virtually impossible to forget to secure, saves fuel and wind noise.

This one has now dine 130k on the original clutch and exhaust system.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived