Security Installer Community

Texecom 24 Not Big Enough

jumpdyke

Hi

I am a DIY installer but have reasonable knowledge of my system.

I have just finished converting the second part of my barn.  (Funds finally allowed).

I have star wired back to a hub all sensors required in new section, including fire alarms.  In my current part that I live in, I have a Texecom 24 with one zone expander.  

My issue is I only have 1 zone left on current system and another zone expander, which I believe is my limit will not surfice my needs.

Am I best to swap the texe 24 for a 48, 88, or is there an easier way.  

Also my current control panel is located about 3m from my new hub.  What is easiest way to wire up new section without running all feeds from new conversion to current control panel.

Many thanks in anticipation.

cheers Chris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you considered how much current the system is drawing?

It sounds like you may need a Premier 48 with a PSU200XP.

You should have roughly no more than 500mA standby current for each PSU with a 7Ah battery installed.

Wiring at current location can be terminated to the expanders "hubs" one data wire taken to the control panel?

Normally Texe Prem 24 is up to 24 zones so your existing panel plus expander makes 16 and your still able connect 2 more 8XPs.

Nope, your maths is wrong there.

24 can take 8 on panel plus 2x8XPs making 24 Zones Total.

A 48 can take 8 on panel plus 4x8XP's making 40 Zones Total the other 8 are mapped from keypad zones.

Thanks for your help, so basically I need to replace the 24 with a 48.

The worrying part is completely reprogramming the new system as I am unsure without checking every detector how my 24 was installed.  Is there a way of sucking the settings out of the 24? possibly with a comIP and pushing them into the new system?

Just a thought as I may add a comIP anyway.

cheers  Chris

Thanks for your help, so basically I need to replace the 24 with a 48.

The worrying part is completely reprogramming the new system as I am unsure without checking every detector how my 24 was installed.  Is there a way of sucking the settings out of the 24? possibly with a comIP and pushing them into the new system?

Just a thought as I may add a comIP anyway.

cheers  Chris

It would seem so.

I believe that you can transfer the programming with the wintex software but only if it is a premier elite range 24 to a premier elite range 48.

If it is a standard Premier 24 then that has different software to the premier 48 and is non transferrable.

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Yes, I do have the engineer code.

How would I tell if it is am elite or standard?

Also is it hard to programme the new control panel from the wintex software, to me it seems simpler than on the control panel??

Once again, many thanks for your help.

Yes, I do have the engineer code.

How would I tell if it is am elite or standard?

Also is it hard to programme the new control panel from the wintex software, to me it seems simpler than on the control panel??

If you have the engineer code you can see the programming or if you prefer you can pull into Wintex via a serial cable.

How I would tell the difference between the 2 is the power supply, not sure if you can get the keypad to tell you. There are people here who use these panels who will probably have a better way.

The control panel is one of the simplest to program on the market, either via the keypad or via Wintex.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

From day mode press menu then 4, it will tell you what software and if elite

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

How timely. Looked at a potential takeover yesterday, 2 office units knocked into one some time ago, I want

to add unit 2 which is currently a Veritas, but installed nicely enough with DTs, as a node to the Premier

next door, which ironically needs some work detector wise, then add Webway.

Pressed menu 4 and got given Premier 48, V8.00

Is this not Elite I guess? It was only a driveby visit and I'll pop back at some point, but not good is it?

However, assume I can just get a 48 kit and re-use one 'old' LCD Prox RKP?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Non Elite V8. Ok as long as you dont need PD6662

Thats what I meant 2010

Ok Ill have a think about it, I guess as far was wintex and webway go on that system, no issues there?

Usual expander, I.e 8xp or something else?

Yep same expanders, i would flash the panel up to the last release of the Premier firmware which was 9 something, i can send it to you if you want, i cannot remember which version of 8 the webway was fully compatible with.

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Yep same expanders, i would flash the panel up to the last release of the Premier firmware which was 9 something, i can send it to you if you want, i cannot remember which version of 8 the webway was fully compatible with.

Any joy with v10 and webway not getting along?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Just got a new CD with a 12w, would it be on there as it seems to be all models? Ta for your help :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived