Security Installer Community

Quotation Calculation For Hours

JaysonKandiah

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to work out how long it would take me while im on site then add a quarter of that again for the lads. Seems to work so far but ive only been in this roll fro a year now, Installing all the time before that. Min 1 hour to fit camera, make off ends, connect, zoom and focus properly. Then its just working out cabling times, obviously quicker for Cat 5 than it is for coax 

I don't think you can generalise like that, different building types etc take longer, ie domestic vs industrial. Sia use a building factor. So (id say an hour per cam is light) we apply 1.7 for a domestic, so if a 1 hour part then its 1.7 for a dwelling type building.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I wired a bank to pub conversion the other month, 14 circuits (2 off rkp, 1 smc off DT) part under boards, part unscrewing plaster board, part above new ceiling & part chased walls for oval, with live & decoy boxes up in 6hrs,

I returned the next day (saturday)& put a xl smc on steel FX with bit of trunking,xl smc on alloy folding door, & xl smc on softwood cellar door, 2hrs

2nd fixed in 6hrs, 9 pir, end station, rkp, xp, end station,

now if the site conditions where better & I had all the gear (short of contacts, twist drills, trunking, oval tube, oval clip) I could have shaved the time down.

However gains in time where whittled by waiting for a wall in the kitchen,

On the flip side of the coin, 2 of us went to add a maglock & move readers & mcp from left to right of double doors, 4 hours of ******* about including the 2a psu failing after being powered down

Mr? Veritas God

I went to do a service today and add detector literally 1m as the crow flies from the panel...

All I can say is glad I didn't give a fixed price for the detector.... fffs. Builders had been in since

initial install and it was a triple skin wall with varying height floating ceilngs etc... in what was once (still is a Garage)

a lean to... Panel side once a cupboard, now all neatly decorated with feature wallpaper etc... so couldn't even
trunk it it, had to go up, across, and down again. 3 hours!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

DT masked today to find out joiners cut a square in bit of wood and laid DT on a metal beam.

Company taking down 2 workshop offices to make bigger space with shelving.

2 hours later and job done but they will pay for a late Friday callout!:))

!

Archived