Security Installer Community

Quotation Calculation For Hours

JaysonKandiah

Hi Guys!

just wanted to ask how much you estimate on hours when you quote? so for a four camera system do you just do one hour per camera then three hours on top for any issues that come along the way?

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  

CCTV Distributor of AcuraPRO and Samsung CCTV Equipment -

Trade Customers: www.acurasystemsdirect.com

?

what ever your drinking i'll keep to Ovaltine ;).

I don't identify labour out separately, i have a points system as part of unit costing for devices, and extra points for longer or more difficult cable runs, with ease points when you have 3 detectors adjcent as in many houses

be daft to charge the same for a back door as one 100 yards down a factory as example, same distance in an office would likely not squire an access tower, perhaps just a podium.

once you set up to your own format it is relatively simple

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 1 month later...

I tend to work out how long it would take me while im on site then add a quarter of that again for the lads. Seems to work so far but ive only been in this roll fro a year now, Installing all the time before that. Min 1 hour to fit camera, make off ends, connect, zoom and focus properly. Then its just working out cabling times, obviously quicker for Cat 5 than it is for coax 

I don't think you can generalise like that, different building types etc take longer, ie domestic vs industrial. Sia use a building factor. So (id say an hour per cam is light) we apply 1.7 for a domestic, so if a 1 hour part then its 1.7 for a dwelling type building.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I wired a bank to pub conversion the other month, 14 circuits (2 off rkp, 1 smc off DT) part under boards, part unscrewing plaster board, part above new ceiling & part chased walls for oval, with live & decoy boxes up in 6hrs,

I returned the next day (saturday)& put a xl smc on steel FX with bit of trunking,xl smc on alloy folding door, & xl smc on softwood cellar door, 2hrs

2nd fixed in 6hrs, 9 pir, end station, rkp, xp, end station,

now if the site conditions where better & I had all the gear (short of contacts, twist drills, trunking, oval tube, oval clip) I could have shaved the time down.

However gains in time where whittled by waiting for a wall in the kitchen,

On the flip side of the coin, 2 of us went to add a maglock & move readers & mcp from left to right of double doors, 4 hours of ******* about including the 2a psu failing after being powered down

Mr? Veritas God

I went to do a service today and add detector literally 1m as the crow flies from the panel...

All I can say is glad I didn't give a fixed price for the detector.... fffs. Builders had been in since

initial install and it was a triple skin wall with varying height floating ceilngs etc... in what was once (still is a Garage)

a lean to... Panel side once a cupboard, now all neatly decorated with feature wallpaper etc... so couldn't even
trunk it it, had to go up, across, and down again. 3 hours!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

DT masked today to find out joiners cut a square in bit of wood and laid DT on a metal beam.

Company taking down 2 workshop offices to make bigger space with shelving.

2 hours later and job done but they will pay for a late Friday callout!:))

!

No retort, just hate typo's lol!

@ o/p, you need ti work in how likely you might get called back, and at what hour. A pub as example will likely call you at 2am when they can't set, after having cleaned up. A house may well wait until the next day.

This is going to sound rude, but not meant - it also depends how reliable the kit chosen is, and your ability to install it so as it to be reliable.

You can be the cheapest on the market, and think your king if the pile for being so, yet one simple call out under warranty for kit failure can put that job seriously into the red, and thats right up to the point your warranty expires.

Personally like a risk assessment i price a system risk of faults on points 1 (low) to 10 (high), a pab is a 1, very little to go wrong, OTZ camera up a pole, will likely always go wrong middle of winter so a 10.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived