Security Installer Community

Customers, Customers And More Customers......please!

JaysonKandiah

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't understand how someone can get angry on a forum tbh?

When Peter James comes out I do get the feeling something has gone OTT!

I don't get why people get angry full stop. I'm Mr Horizontal 99% of the time.

Like/understand whats the difference

Dunno. When can Chris come out to play?

I promise not to upset him.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I don't get why people get angry full stop. I'm Mr Horizontal 99% of the time.

Dunno. When can Chris come out to play?

I promise not to upset him.

I think he needs to have a night or two off so that he can have a good long think about whether he is suited/equiped for forum life

AP I dont press buttons for the sake of it, this forum is a free service for all its members to share info and help each other, bun fights are optional but I take exceptions to stone throwing

I do agree he seems to struggle with the whole forum thing. If I took what you lot say seriously I'd be hanging myself from a tree.

All I hear is the wooshing noise it makes as it flys of the bullet proof vest you're wearing

I think he needs to have a night or two off so that he can have a good long think about whether he is suited/equiped for forum life

AP I dont press buttons for the sake of it, this forum is a free service for all its members to share info and help each other, bun fights are optional but I take exceptions to stone throwing

Ok peter....but it's still a forum that people will take comments to heart and I can't understand that?

!

• 4 weeks later...

Jut a note we have been going 4 years now and find doing a good job for your customer gets you the work.

We have done leaflets, local paper, radio, email marketing, door to doors spent more than I care to remember.

Good old recommendations, business networking is the best

Oh and spend the money on your website, google!

I tend to find - with domestics - the customer can praise me all they want but most of their mates think

they are an idiot for spending anything over £5 on an alarm system - this usually comes to pass after

a quote for a freind of a customer. Even the middle to upper middle class ones that constitute most of
my domestic customers.

Agreed that with commercial word of mouth has much better potential as they sometimes just want
something / someone reliable having already tried the good, the bad, and the ugly...

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

That's why I employee office staff now

Several people do it that way round, I am surprised when I see that owners are the installers and they employ others to run their business. I prefer to lead from the front personally, even so I like to know where my work is coming from, what my profit margin is monthly, who owes me money, and what jobs have gone over. I also think anyone running their own business should know exactly whats going on around them

How do you employ people if not a director these days as per your other post?

Several people do it that way round, I am surprised when I see that owners are the installers and they employ others to run their business. I prefer to lead from the front personally, even so I like to know where my work is coming from, what my profit margin is monthly, who owes me money, and what jobs have gone over. I also think anyone running their own business should know exactly whats going on around them

Bang on

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived