Security Installer Community

Customers, Customers And More Customers......please!

JaysonKandiah

Hmm, I don't know. I'd fit CCTV to a lamp post for £299.

No hoovering up, fused spur pre-fitted...

can i order 50 lamp posts then, but i want recording and mobile phone access to each of the 50

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i order 50 lamp posts then, but i want recording and mobile phone access to each of the 50

Of course, cash up front though, and I'll fit the installs in as and when I can :)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Seriously, I am not joking you....

Its happening here.. It is a local electrical installation company,

They should stick to the twin & Earth & leave the proper stuff to us guys

I know I mentioned this before, but I did an access job earlier this year, which was also quoted for by

a large sparky firm (running 5 brand new transits, that sort of size firm) who are on the same ind estate

as my customer. As usual they claim they do Electrics, CCTV, Access, Intruder Alarms...

So what system did I see on their office then?

Thats right, a 15 year old Response wireless.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

cctv has been that way for a while. we have all seen the 'cctv fitted for £299' on lamp posts

I go to Walsall every week, Down the M6 and off at J10.    There is always posters on the lamp posts on the roundabout

8 camera CCTV installed for £299 

cybergibbons has views on the response stuff

I go to Walsall every week, Down the M6 and off at J10.    There is always posters on the lamp posts on the roundabout

8 camera CCTV installed for £299 

probably the same signs i see

You know, sometimes, and I know this might make me look insane, I am really tempted to see

some business with stuff actually worth nicking and only a yale rim latch / response type alarm,

get in causing no damage, and leave a small box of chocolates, a business card, and a note along

the lines of 'stop this happening again with a decent system from us'....

I use bt but everyone tells me avoid. Mum and dad have sky tv, even though they cant install it. I'm with British gas who are about to get some more cash out of me. My mobile is with o2 and everyone i meet tells me they are awfull.

I use bt but everyone tells me avoid. Mum and dad have sky tv, even though they cant install it. I'm with British gas who are about to get some more cash out of me. My mobile is with o2 and everyone i meet tells me they are awfull.

Valid point . . .

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

lets be honest word of mouth is the best. make your customers happy and they spread the word! customer relations is what you need, 

I've never heard of any customers bigging up any proper alarm co.

A classic example being subscriber of XYZ complaining to me that he'd been charged for rewiring rodent damaged cable, 1 visit to attend & another visit to compete the works as he sent them away before they could complete the works as he wanted to go home to bed...

I've had user of ABC & 123 raving what brilliant guys they where, ABC took direct payment for URN's & never applied for them, 123 did Fire & Intruder alarms that aggledgedly never worked during a fire resulting in total loss of a building & millions in stock, his external detection for a CCTV system is wired in alarm cable just chucked on the ground outside. Absolute dross

Mr? Veritas God

Relying on recommendations is the biggest gamble we have with getting jobs.

You all know what it's like you can do one job that leads to a huge amount of work. Or you can do dozens of just as good quality of jobs all round, and get no lead on jobs at all. There are far too many factors out of our control to be able to judge how much work one will get from recommendations.

A classic example being subscriber of XYZ complaining to me that he'd been charged for rewiring rodent damaged cable, 1 visit to attend & another visit to compete the works as he sent them away before they could complete the works as he wanted to go home to bed...

I've had user of ABC & 123 raving what brilliant guys they where, ABC took direct payment for URN's & never applied for them, 123 did Fire & Intruder alarms that aggledgedly never worked during a fire resulting in total loss of a building & millions in stock, his external detection for a CCTV system is wired in alarm cable just chucked on the ground outside. Absolute dross

totally agree.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Ding ding round 4!

I hope you're not suggesting I'm trying to rattle pussy cat and Chris's cage?

I was merely saying if Chris's very happy customers didn't recommend him out of the goodness of their heart he could rely on Adwords to get his site featured as he's paying google.

#paranoid

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Accusations, accusations!

I've been getting some silent calls and I think secretly it's either murphs or tiger wanting to make friends but struggling with the first words.

Silent calls seriously?

He is coming to get you with cat woman!!

!

Matt seriously this comment is honestly aimed at settling your mind.

I swear on  lives I would not be so petty as to prank call you.

I had a think about all the hassle as i was a passenger in her car yesterday on the way to getting a tree......

at the end of the day Matt we could both fall out and cause lots of hassle for one another but where will it actually get us?

I have much better things to do with my time as do you. why do you not spend more time doing things that will benefit yourself or company?

E.g. You speak of how much call centre girls and salesman cost you, why not do some of it yourself? The effort and time spent on here would be much better used on actual work.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Matt seriously this comment is honestly aimed at settling your mind.

I swear on  lives I would not be so petty as to prank call you.

I had a think about all the hassle as i was a passenger in her car yesterday on the way to getting a tree......

at the end of the day Matt we could both fall out and cause lots of hassle for one another but where will it actually get us?

I have much better things to do with my time as do you. why do you not spend more time doing things that will benefit yourself or company?

E.g. You speak of how much call centre girls and salesman cost you, why not do some of it yourself? The effort and time spent on here would be much better used on actual work.

as chris and cougar wonder at the sight of a different bell box in Cornwall ..

Archived