Security Installer Community

Customers, Customers And More Customers......please!

JaysonKandiah

Hi guys! Hope you are all well, as i said earlier in a previous thread our company is fairly new although ive been installing CCTV for a long time the company hasn't been formed for a long time. So in that case I wanted to ask some of our experienced members out there, what marketing method they use, and if they work or not.

My company does Computer services and also CCTV installations/repairs and only really want to install High Quality equipment and in this day and age "high quality" doesn't come cheap, lol.

Yell?

Google Ad-words?

I'm currently in the process of getting my vehicles sign written and wondered whether we have any success stories out there?

Thanks Again :)

Jayson Kandiah

Installer and Director @ Acura Systems

CCTV Distributor of AcuraPRO and Samsung CCTV Equipment -

Trade Customers: www.acurasystemsdirect.com

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you mean salesman, do you mean Door 2 Door?

Way too expensive to do door to door. I employ telemarketers to book them appointments. Big ticket expense so has to be monitored as can burn cash at an alarming rate.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

now that's not true is it matt..

When we take over another company what would you call that then?

Good evening btw. I do apologise for my late attendance, I've been out for a meal as it's my birthday on Monday.

now that's not true is it matt..

Good evening btw. I do apologise for my late attendance, I've been out for a meal as it's my birthday on Monday.

jayson you may want to apply for trade too

Trade TSI account? I will be doing so in a few weeks.

Way too expensive to do door to door. I employ telemarketers to book them appointments. Big ticket expense so has to be monitored as can burn cash at an alarming rate.

I thought of doing that as i, myself have called up a few businesses and homes and have booked appointments which end up to be time wasters! Have you guys got marked vans? do they help?

buying a competitor and taking on a death rattle are two different things...the main one being you've never bought out a competitor..

Nope. Never been a fan of marked vehicles. I'm an alarm engineer nick my tools please splattered on the side. We use a lot of subbys so wouldn't be able to dictate to them to have sign written vehicles either.

Fitting the alarms is the easy bit, getting volume subscribers is the hard bit.

Nope. Never been a fan of marked vehicles. I'm an alarm engineer nick my tools please splattered on the side. We use a lot of subbys so wouldn't be able to dictate to them to have sign written vehicles either.

Fitting the alarms is the easy bit, getting volume subscribers is the hard bit.

Oh okay! I am currently looking for good ways to get customers, as we are working on word of mouth most of the time

buying a competitor and taking on a death rattle are two different things...the main one being you've never bought out a competitor..

I see what you are getting at. We acquire **** competitors. Well signed on the dotted line on Friday for another SSAIB masterpiece so will have some new material for you to beat me with shortly. The guy had a fetish for Redcare secures and was most upset that we would be putting them all in the skip. On this acquisition we are keeping the staff. I'm sure that will provide plenty of future material for you to bet me with.

Oh okay! I am currently looking for good ways to get customers, as we are working on word of mouth most of the time[/quote

Easy done, hire sales people but as I said, burns an immense amount of cash and the other barrier is why would someone use you over their current company. Are you selling it as better, cheaper etc?

I see what you are getting at. We acquire **** competitors. Well signed on the dotted line on Friday for another SSAIB masterpiece so will have some new material for you to beat me with shortly. The guy had a fetish for Redcare secures and was most upset that we would be putting them all in the skip. On this acquisition we are keeping the staff. I'm sure that will provide plenty of future material for you to bet me with.

Oh okay! I am currently looking for good ways to get customers, as we are working on word of mouth most of the time[/quote

Easy done, hire sales people but as I said, burns an immense amount of cash and the other barrier is why would someone use you over their current company. Are you selling it as better, cheaper etc?

I've spent heap loads of time contacting suppliers, to work with them, and we supply different ranges of equipment all better and cheaper than others with longer warranty for our consumers sake, but we still find it hard to find customers.

I've spent heap loads of time contacting suppliers, to work with them, and we supply different ranges of equipment all better and cheaper than others with longer warranty for our consumers sake, but we still find it hard to find customers.

Suppliers won't sell your business for you. Your customer on the whole won't care about warranty, is it better than Fred up the road etc. To them it is a system and that's as much as they usually care. Your only way of getting customers is to spend money and time to find them. In all honesty you have an uphill battle. As is quite well documented in the trade side of the forum, we have spent six figure sums of investors money gaining clients. Even if you get a sales guy you could look at £2-3k a month in appointment setting plus £30-40k for a salesman plus his commissions, car, phone, laptop, iPad, 3 months wages before you know if he is any good. Expensive game getting customers and no guarantees.

Suppliers won't sell your business for you. Your customer on the whole won't care about warranty, is it better than Fred up the road etc. To them it is a system and that's as much as they usually care. Your only way of getting customers is to spend money and time to find them. In all honesty you have an uphill battle. As is quite well documented in the trade side of the forum, we have spent six figure sums of investors money gaining clients. Even if you get a sales guy you could look at £2-3k a month in appointment setting plus £30-40k for a salesman plus his commissions, car, phone, laptop, iPad, 3 months wages before you know if he is any good. Expensive game getting customers and no guarantees.

That is so true pal, i just don't know effective ways of marketing online, some people say use yell, some say don't, i'm going to do some cold calling and try set up some events and ill see how it goes, If you don't mind for a home customer that wants a mid ranged system how much do you charge for four camera systems not accurate just for reference

That is so true pal, i just don't know effective ways of marketing online, some people say use yell, some say don't, i'm going to do some cold calling and try set up some events and ill see how it goes, If you don't mind for a home customer that wants a mid ranged system how much do you charge for four camera systems not accurate just for reference

Just to clarify you are trying to sell as an installer, not a supplier right?

What does it matter what someone sells at?

Different markets, targets, regions etc etc.

Sadly, I'm afraid you appear to have a lot to learn about the subject of selling in general.

Just to clarify you are trying to sell as an installer, not a supplier right?

What does it matter what someone sells at?

Different markets, targets, regions etc etc.

Sadly, I'm afraid you appear to have a lot to learn about the subject of selling in general.

Im selling as an installer of course mate, and Cubit, Im afraid i know a fair bit about selling and business itself both through real world experiences and through extensive knowledge but to put it strictly honestly we never know what will happen and when and selling isn't as easy as it was before due to current economic climate

think he means computer sales matt

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

The main problem is the crappy stuff on the market giving humans the unrealistic view of what they can get for the money.

Have calls for 4 cams for under £500 installed..........I blame maplins etc..

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Archived