Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite Dialler Connection

Bigsi

Hi All

I appreciate this is a fairly simple question, but this is a first Texecom install - which terminal on a Premier Elite 24 PCB should I connect my ADE Honeywell Informa Speech Dialler to?

I had tried connecting to Bell+ but although I can make a test call from the dialler itself it does not dial when the alarm is triggered?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Si

Thanks for the reply.

The manual shows two different outputs;

8: Panel Output 1

OP1 is a low current (500mA ‘-ve’ applied) output (see page 31 for wiring details). The output is also fully programmable (see page 69 for programming details).

And

16: Digicom Outputs

Outputs 1 to 8 are low current (100mA ‘-ve’ applied) and would normally be used when connecting a stand-alone communicator to the control panel (see page 31 for details). Each output is fully programmable (see page 69 for details). A remote reset input and a line fault input are also provided.

Are the Digicom ones the ones to use?

Thanks

Si

Sorry sixwheeledbeast, just seen your response.

Thanks very much.

How come 3 doesn't require programming?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the delay is so you have a chance to switch off and avoid calling key holders if you accidentally cause an activation during exit or entry.

suggest check manual to allow dialler to cancel if alarm is switched off after activations, otherwise all you key holders will get a false call.

Edited by arfur mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 7 years later...
On 19/11/2013 at 22:49, Bigsi said:

Thanks for the reply.

The manual shows two different outputs;

8: Panel Output 1

OP1 is a low current (500mA ‘-ve’ applied) output (see page 31 for wiring details). The output is also fully programmable (see page 69 for programming details).

And

16: Digicom Outputs

Outputs 1 to 8 are low current (100mA ‘-ve’ applied) and would normally be used when connecting a stand-alone communicator to the control panel (see page 31 for details). Each output is fully programmable (see page 69 for details). A remote reset input and a line fault input are also provided.

Are the Digicom ones the ones to use?

Thanks

Si

Sorry sixwheeledbeast, just seen your response.

Thanks very much.

How come 3 doesn't require programming?

Digi outputs 1 2 3 are preconfigured for (1) fire (2) PA (3) Intruder as these are standard across most speach diallers. you can re assign the to hundreds of different options if you want to reconfigure them

there are a lot of standard options with each system that texecom think is a good default option.

They are also programmed active high so you will need to use option [4] on the informer to alter input levels to active high.

Edited by Pyarwood
added info