Security Installer Community

Things That Go Bump - Mystery Solved

arfur mo

Fir some reason our LCD Tv in the dinning room has recently taken to switching itself on, meaning we have to unplug it. Not that it was new when bought but a bargain price for the time, so five years on,i make a note to get new (larger) one for games playing. - yipee!

So last Saturday, we buy and collect a second hand conservatory, comes with radiator, ceiling fan and some other goodies.

seller phones tonight 'did i accidentally give you the remote for my exercise machine?', well tbh we did notice two remotes, but thought possibly one was faulty and had forgotten about it.

Wife digs it out from the big plastic jar of screws and bits that belong to the conservatory.

Noticed the LED light on this remote is on, so i press the power button and - wallah, the Tv turns itself on - mystery solved - but now i have no excuse to go buy a fancy new Tv :(.

Livings a pain sometimes lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Fir some reason our LCD Tv in the dinning room has recently taken to switching itself on, meaning we have to unplug it. Not that it was new when bought but a bargain price for the time, so five years on,i make a note to get new (larger) one for games playing. - yipee!

So last Saturday, we buy and collect a second hand conservatory, comes with radiator, ceiling fan and some other goodies.

seller phones tonight 'did i accidentally give you the remote for my exercise machine?', well tbh we did notice two remotes, but thought possibly one was faulty and had forgotten about it.

Wife digs it out from the big plastic jar of screws and bits that belong to the conservatory.

Noticed the LED light on this remote is on, so i press the power button and - wallah, the Tv turns itself on - mystery solved - but now i have no excuse to go buy a fancy new Tv :(.

Livings a pain sometimes lol!

wtf is a second hand conservatory..

Not sure how you associate plastic bags to uPVC, but hey if thats you thing - enjoy!

what i decide to buy is my affair, nothing wrong with buying second user cars, so whats the fuss about a conservatory? We like ti di green and stop wastage. as long as it is dismantled by someone who knows what they are doing, and you have the plans and a n experienced installer ti erect it, whats the issue?

to get the same we were quoted a cost of 8k, we paid £500 for a 4 year old one, seen before and again after dismantling. Groundwork starts tomorrow, total cost all in £2.2k, value added to property 6 - 9k, not a bad return imho.

Not sure how you associate plastic bags to uPVC, but hey if thats you thing - enjoy!

what i decide to buy is my affair, nothing wrong with buying second user cars, so whats the fuss about a conservatory? We like ti di green and stop wastage. as long as it is dismantled by someone who knows what they are doing, and you have the plans and a n experienced installer ti erect it, whats the issue?

to get the same we were quoted a cost of 8k, we paid £500 for a 4 year old one, seen before and again after dismantling. Groundwork starts tomorrow, total cost all in £2.2k, value added to property 6 - 9k, not a bad return imho.

Fair play, it was just a joke arf, TBH i would never think of buying a conservatory second hand, cars yes and other stuff, but somehow and i don't know why it just seems wrong

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Well tbh honest we thought to buy new, until we ran the figures.

The make is reputable and still in busness so spares not likely an issue, had we gone new it would be less half the size, no way room for my pool table, summer time it will serve as a morning and a dinning room, other times a den, games room even an occasional extra guest bedroom. Our garden is 110 foot south facing, so you can understand the advantages and value added of a larger conservatory in the bungalow city we live in, which the value will in time pass to our kids, while we enjoy it now.

The original post didnt make much sense to me but the second hand conservatory doesnt sound a bad idea assuming it was a real one and not a lean too

my bad, i should have mentioned these remotes came with the included ceiling fan, but one was for a vibration plate exercise machine, the LED being on was likely due to a flat battery, but as we found out it was on the same ir code as the Tv.

In a sense most conservatories are a 'lean too' because one wall is part if the house, in our case it straddles the tilt/slide patio door. It's Georgian style with the hex shaped end.

I did quite a lot of research before hand, companies on eBay sell already dismantled conservatories, and others will dismantle and deliver, re-erect with marked up parts also with plans. I bought mine direct having seen it before dismantling, and collected it using a glaziers van (ideal and just cost fuel) from a pal of my middle son. TBH i was surprised how much spce was needed, and the combined overal weight.

tips for anyone doing this, should be sure theres no down pipes on the original construction requiring patching, also that all 3 walls are glazed (as some or bricked one side for privacy. or to fit in a corner).

Advice from a self instal site is not to have the doors to the garden opposite the doors from the house, best to have to the side so you don't then need to walk around or disturb a table for instance, simple stuff easily overlooked.

lol!

Builder's been digging the foundations for the last few days, dug up an old washing line slab had ti be 1/2 metre square.

he will be doing all the brickwork and floor, figuring out the jigsaw puzzle of bits i bet will be great fun :).

at least the firm that made it is only in Harlow, less than an hour away and still surprisingly trading, so any spares should be easy.

fish prefer the open air ;)

I wonder if I can find one big enough to go over the pool

Archived