Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension Logging Zone/link/output Activations

Here's a challenge for somebody who has used the Galaxy Dimension more than I have...

I have several zones programmed as 'intruder'.

1) In unset mode I want to silently log the fact that the zone was triggered (together with which zone it was), though nothing else.

2) In set mode I want any activation of these zones to trigger a full alarm as normal.

Links are obviously the answer though I can't make it work as I want it to.

I've tried creating a link for each of the zones I'm interested in, set the source to the zone and the destination to a spare zone programmed as 'LINK'. The list of event log messages towards the end of the manual suggests that a zone of type 'LINK' will be logged on each activation. I can see the link being triggered when the zone is opened and closed, though nothing is logged. I presume this is because 'LINK' zones are intended to be the source of a link rather than the destination.

I've also tried pointing the link to a spare output - though then realised that the Galaxy doesn't appear to be able to log when outputs are activated.

Basically I want to log each time a zone (or a link) is activated in either set or unset mode. Can anybody suggest how to achieve this?  Many thanks in advance.

Why on earth are you using links?

What you want is easily achieved by creating a custom zone. Menu option 64. Tell it you want to log always and only create an alarm on full set. Job done.

qfa

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Why on earth are you using links?

What you want is easily achieved by creating a custom zone. Menu option 64. Tell it you want to log always and only create an alarm on full set. Job done.

I did say "somebody who has used the Galaxy Dimension more than I have"! I was suprised that there isn't a link destination that is simply "log this".

Thanks Matt (and James), that looks to do what I want. One final question, I've copied the output functions for my custom zone (Bells, Strobe, Tamper, Ready etc) from those specified against the standard intruder zone type in the table in section 53 (program outputs). Presumably the functions will match those of the standard intruder zone - ie the tamper output will be triggered if the resistance of my custom zones falls outside of the usual limits? I can't work out why there isn't a "copy these from an existing zone type" option.

While we're at it Honeywell: it would also be nice to rename custom zones to something more useful!

I did say "somebody who has used the Galaxy Dimension more than I have"!

But you also said

Links are obviously the answer .

And my point was it wasn't. Anyway

You can control the way the custom output will report to the arc so make sure the custom sia is BA so it will report alarm and alarm confirm. One BIG word of warning, in implementing this functionality Honeywell ****** up the alarm confirm. If you create a custom zone and tag it as say a freezer alarm if 2 freezer alarms trigger it sends confirm intruder. This is a known issue and Honeywell don't give a toss so if you use the functionality for other than intruder you might have a problem. If you tamper the zone etc it will show as tamper.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Excellent, thanks. They could have done with some proof-reading of section 64 too, there are several paragraphs that are missing words.

I'm using this zone as intruder so hopefully won't run into the issue you mentioned, thanks for raising it regardless.

If you create a custom zone and tag it as say a freezer alarm if 2 freezer alarms trigger it sends confirm intruder. This is a known issue and Honeywell don't give a toss so if you use the functionality for other than intruder you might have a problem. If you tamper the zone etc it will show as tamper.

Obviously more words missing from the manual: "NOTE: If two zones, programmed as Custom SIA, activate within the confirm time window, whether it be in the SET or UNSET condition, then a CONFIRM [iNTRUDER] is logged".

Fail.

Archived