Security Installer Community

Gardtec Problems!

JregGT

Listen catefully - i vill say this only vonce !

You don 't need the engineer code to replace any batteries.

I would change the. Control battery 1st, 3 smp 12 v from TLC Electrical or maplins.

Detectors.

flat batteries are indicated ny the activation LED red light flashing 3 times rapidly on sensing movement. Having done so it will 'sleep' for 4 minutes, walking into the room before hand will reset the timer back to 4 minutes.

Once the lid is lifted, if or not you replace fhe CR123A battery you have to stay clear of that room for 4 minutes, then activate the detector (by walking through it.)

Once the detector resets having been activated (so watch the light), only then it sends a 'tamper restore' to the control panel.

The above is definative - so write it down folks ;)

Eh I think you would need the engineer code for tamper reset Arf.

Do you not do this?

!

later Risco 2 way sleeps when not set, but if activated during the time (because it is now armed) it will then sleep past the exit timer period.

@rich, take my advice, arm fir part set then once armed use your watch to accurately time 5 minutes, then go down stairs ti test.

2.5 mins arf

i know, but people think a 30 seconds is a few minutes - @ traffic lights fir example ;).

Eh I think you would need the engineer code for tamper reset Arf.

Do you not do this?

O/P has already lifted lids, display would show 'call engineer' if tampers were engineer reset, so a fairly safe bet tamper is not engineer reset on this installation.

and no, i don't set engineer reset for anything on bells only ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Fellas, I cannot thank you enough, particularly, Arfur Mo , we look to be back on track! I have just part set it, then gone up stairs for 15minutes, came back down and it has started bleeping away! And too think a few hours ago, i'd already got plans of pulling up boards and hardwiring a new alarm in this weekend!

Once again to all involved thank you very much,

I fancy a change from run of the mill sparking at the minute, so this might have to be an avenue to look down, certainly need to know your stuff tho! 

Thanks again Folks Rich :cheers::'>  :cheers::'>  :cheers::'>

later Risco 2 way sleeps when not set, but if activated during the time (because it is now armed) it will then sleep past the exit timer period.

@rich, take my advice, arm fir part set then once armed use your watch to accurately time 5 minutes, then go down stairs ti test.

i know, but people think a 30 seconds is a few minutes - @ traffic lights fir example ;).

O/P has already lifted lids, display would show 'call engineer' if tampers were engineer reset, so a fairly safe bet tamper is not engineer reset on this installation.

and no, i don't set engineer reset for anything on bells only ;).

So your customers can take down detectors when decorating and change their own batteries?.... And if there is a fault phone you and you advise for free?

How do you charge for a callout?

!

as a above and thank you fir the kind words, please be beware alarms are not always that easy to fix, knowledge is key and that only comes with experience.

this problem was not revealed in the installation guides, i spent several extra days before finding out myself when i 1st started using Risco Wireless.

once you start charging for this work the buck stops with you, given your protecting others valuables and the litigious nature of many today, with respects i'd be very careful in your shoe's.

id urge caution lads in public for this debate, imo some things should be engineer only to protect the alarm co from being sued. id rather this debate didnt happen in this thread however. its the opposing view of approved vs non etc

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

So your customers can take down detectors when decorating and change their own batteries?.... And if there is a fault phone you and you advise for free?

How do you charge for a callout?

i work on a different model and ethics tbh.

Do you need to have your car reset because you ran out of fuel or changed a tyre? No, but that car can kill.

the client OWNS their system, if they choose to paint purple dots on the ewd so be it, they have the option and many still use me to do this, but why should i enforce them to call me for a simple battery change?

i can earn far better money on full installations than wasting up to half a day on an avoidable reset or battery change.

what would enforcing such a reset on my clients be, other than blatant unfair revenue generation? remember those guys who got prosecuted by trading standards for setting 13 month service lock out timers, yet i'd bet your the first to moan about parking wardens!

I do agree the client owns their system but if on maintenance the alarm company has liability if said client starts to mess with the system and then gets done over.

From the original install they could have moved detectors to different areas and then who is liable?

Not my alarm company as we would be notified of the system not working.

!

now your being offensive arf, as i said not here or ill close it.

so did i start it James?

i sorted the o/p with bang on advice, and get attacked and questioned about how i run my own non-registered business as if i'm doing something wrong or illegal - i respond with what and why - and doing so using comparisons - and i'm being offensive???.

Archived