Security Installer Community

Gardtec Problems!

JregGT

Righto folks, we may be making some progress thanks to the advice. After removing/replacing the garage battery, leaving 4 mins and re activating, that seems to of cured the going off on setting! And now the panel is sitting happy with no 'warnings' Which firstly is brilliant fellas thanks. Next, we are back to the past couple of weeks observations!

I have set it to part-set and gone upstairs, and came back down to it, and it still isn't going into pre alarm, I could do a jig in the hallway and its not activating the count down? Is there now anything to look at regarding this?

Thanks once again fellas.

Rich

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well as you moved in on an existing system, it may wel be programmed that way and requires alteration using the engineers code.

Not mandatory for the hall detector to work in part set, depends in the clients needs, some only have the lounge pir on to stop the kids slipping down after bedtime to watch telly.

cos its one way the hallway sensor will be asleep, you need to leave the area ie hallway till the sleep timer has expired before you walk back down

one way has no bearing James, afaik all wireless detectors 1 or 2 way armed or not, 'sleep' for a period after activation to save battery usage during unset periods.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

cheers fellas, It has previously worked where coming down in the morning, would start the countdown. If i'm reading it properly, should it be a minimum of 4 minutes once again once I've gone upstairs for it to be active again?

cheers Rich

one way has no bearing James, afaik all wireless detectors 1 or 2 way armed or not, 'sleep' for a period after activation to save battery usage during unset periods.

no 2 way sensors sleep when unset, never sleep when set, well thats how the hkc wireless works, stops the above problem

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Listen catefully - i vill say this only vonce !

You don 't need the engineer code to replace any batteries.

I would change the. Control battery 1st, 3 smp 12 v from TLC Electrical or maplins.

Detectors.

flat batteries are indicated ny the activation LED red light flashing 3 times rapidly on sensing movement. Having done so it will 'sleep' for 4 minutes, walking into the room before hand will reset the timer back to 4 minutes.

Once the lid is lifted, if or not you replace fhe CR123A battery you have to stay clear of that room for 4 minutes, then activate the detector (by walking through it.)

Once the detector resets having been activated (so watch the light), only then it sends a 'tamper restore' to the control panel.

The above is definative - so write it down folks ;)

Eh I think you would need the engineer code for tamper reset Arf.

Do you not do this?

!

later Risco 2 way sleeps when not set, but if activated during the time (because it is now armed) it will then sleep past the exit timer period.

@rich, take my advice, arm fir part set then once armed use your watch to accurately time 5 minutes, then go down stairs ti test.

2.5 mins arf

i know, but people think a 30 seconds is a few minutes - @ traffic lights fir example ;).

Eh I think you would need the engineer code for tamper reset Arf.

Do you not do this?

O/P has already lifted lids, display would show 'call engineer' if tampers were engineer reset, so a fairly safe bet tamper is not engineer reset on this installation.

and no, i don't set engineer reset for anything on bells only ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Fellas, I cannot thank you enough, particularly, Arfur Mo , we look to be back on track! I have just part set it, then gone up stairs for 15minutes, came back down and it has started bleeping away! And too think a few hours ago, i'd already got plans of pulling up boards and hardwiring a new alarm in this weekend!

Once again to all involved thank you very much,

I fancy a change from run of the mill sparking at the minute, so this might have to be an avenue to look down, certainly need to know your stuff tho! 

Thanks again Folks Rich :cheers::'>  :cheers::'>  :cheers::'>

later Risco 2 way sleeps when not set, but if activated during the time (because it is now armed) it will then sleep past the exit timer period.

@rich, take my advice, arm fir part set then once armed use your watch to accurately time 5 minutes, then go down stairs ti test.

i know, but people think a 30 seconds is a few minutes - @ traffic lights fir example ;).

O/P has already lifted lids, display would show 'call engineer' if tampers were engineer reset, so a fairly safe bet tamper is not engineer reset on this installation.

and no, i don't set engineer reset for anything on bells only ;).

So your customers can take down detectors when decorating and change their own batteries?.... And if there is a fault phone you and you advise for free?

How do you charge for a callout?

!

Archived