Security Installer Community

Gardtec Problems!

JregGT

Yup, I can go through all back to the first at 4 this morning, can go further, but just says set then unset etc over the last x amount. It just reads as PIR (then the device) of which all 5 are present at some point and the time it occurred.

Each time it just says check.

cheers Rich

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen catefully - i vill say this only vonce !

You don 't need the engineer code to replace any batteries.

I would change the. Control battery 1st, 3 smp 12 v from TLC Electrical or maplins.

Detectors.

flat batteries are indicated ny the activation LED red light flashing 3 times rapidly on sensing movement. Having done so it will 'sleep' for 4 minutes, walking into the room before hand will reset the timer back to 4 minutes.

Once the lid is lifted, if or not you replace fhe CR123A battery you have to stay clear of that room for 4 minutes, then activate the detector (by walking through it.)

Once the detector resets having been activated (so watch the light), only then it sends a 'tamper restore' to the control panel.

The above is definative - so write it down folks ;)

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

cheers folks, will try this all now, all the batteries bar 1 now are new, so should I remove and replace again? As silly as it sounds the batteries are Duracell cr123 no A at the end? Would this cause any problems?

CR123A is specified, never seen a CR123 tbh.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well I must admit I seemed a little strange, same specs on the Duracell battery to the Sanyo that was removed, so I guess its just duracells way of marking up its batteries. Just changed the garage battery, so giving it 4 minutes before walking back in.

Rich

Archived