Security Installer Community

Gardtec Problems!

JregGT

Good afternoon folks, I'll try and describe my problems as clearly as possible as to avoid unnecessary confusion!

We moved into our first house recently where there is a G tag control panel, which looks to be a 480 through googling! An unmarked control panel in a cupboard upstairs and 5 wireless PIRs in the house/Garage.

Within the last couple of weeks, it has started to 'play' up. When the alarm has been set, either part or full, it had stopped going into pre arm when the sensor by the panel was activated, being wireless I thought it may of been a battery, but before I could try that (which I have since being home but will fill you in on that after this.) This morning (at 4.00am which was pleasant) when I came downstairs and 'unset' the alarm, it went into alarm, I entered our code and it the alarm stopped. My fiancée then went back to bed as I left and reset it for downstairs which it did quite happily. Then when she tried to leave for work it would not set and kept going into alarm. So I picked up some batteries on the way home thinking it may solve the problem.

Before changing the batteries, I tried the alarm again and it was still the same, would just constantly go into alarm, I have gone round and changed the batteries thoughout, but this hasn't changed matters! So at current, it is just sat there saying 'check garage' etc and when set for alarm, just goes off bananas!

If anybody could shine any light it would be massively appreciated.

cheers Rich

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing you have the engineer code then if you've changed the batteries?

Knowing very little about gardtec wireless, do they walk test correctly?

Don't think the 480 handles wireless natively so there must be another i/f box somewhere;

assuming that is OK and doesn't have the lid hanging off or filled with water or something

silly?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Righto folks, firstly, I have just been sat on the sette and the alarm has gone off randomly! Been well over an hour since i'd last touched it!

No engineers code, after a little research into changing the batterys, without it being a maintained system (as far as I know!) I had the master code, so took a cover off, entered the code, then changed all batteries and re entered the code. A couple of the sensors seemed to set a tamper, but not all which started to confuse me!

All sensors activate as you pass/wave infront of them.

Only other device I know of it the bellbox, no other node to speak of, just the control panel upstairs.

cheers Rich

Just a wireless PIR, that is the one that appears on the control panel when it goes into alarm, it says PIR Garage     L! then underneath Check.

I have checked it is back together properly, even put the original battery back in! Within a second or 2 of trying to set, just goes into alarm!

Rich

Archived