Security Installer Community

spike27

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whys that? What better job does the screw do?

2 part epoxy ;)

you can get an industrial quality super glue as used on the shuttle for the heat tiles but. not cheap, i've used it to stick maglock's complete with z&l brackets do glass double doors - so a door contact should be no probs lol!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Until you come to swap it.... Rough ****.

thats you not thinking first and jumping to conclusions again.

the Z&L BRACKETS are the bits that are epoxy glued, the maglock is bolted the brackets as is the armature, just so it is easy to replace - even by some dick head like you!

So others will know, this glue is formulated to attach metal ti glass, job was subcontract for a well know keypad maker. when asked i expressed my doubts, got all sorts of caveats signed.

methid was to clean the glass with alcohol, special glass sander supplied to 'key' the area of glass. i spent ages measuring - well, who wants to muck this one up ;).

clamped it and although glue only needs an hour to fully cure, it was left clamped over the weekend.

retuned in the Monday removed clamps expecting it to fall off, but to my relief it stayed attached, Maintenance dept got a sling and hung 5 bags of sand off the brackets. we locked the door and swung on it, shuck the bedazzle out of it.

Still in place afaik, but think that door was not used in the end, i was asked to go back and do another door the exact same.

The only 'rough' part about it is you could see the brackets 'foot' from outside, so i nipped down to the local shed looking fir inspiration and bought some finger plates, which i glued to cover.

Archived