Security Installer Community

spike27

We've recently seen an increase in requests for surface door contacts in black.  Whether this is as result of changes in architects' fashion tastes, or simply more black doors and frames being installed, we're not sure.

We've responded to this by offering any of our range in black, subject to an initial set up cost.  If however, the contact is already on the list below (as being made previously for someone else), then there is no such charge:

http://www.knightfireandsecurity.com/catalogue.asp?id=30

Very good idea.

IMO a dark grey would be more useful.

Seeing a hell of a lot more aluminium bi-fold doors in dark grey.

Either way black will look a lot better than white or brown on dark grey.

Technically speaking, we can manufacture contacts (plastic made parts such as ABS, polystyrene etc) in any colour, as long as you provide us with the Pantone colour code, but there would be that initial set up cost.

Unique I'd imagine. Nice one.

@ 'Spike' - Will be digging deep into that samples box tomorrow, at last, will report back!

No worries!  Look forward to hearing back from you - as I said, negative feedback also welcome so we can improve products!

I would suspect it would be easier to do a run of blk cases in std & jb type & sell empty cases than produce assembled stock ?

I'd also make the fussy buggers buy them as 10 of 'em in a bag, economy of scales ect...

Mr? Veritas God

I would suspect it would be easier to do a run of blk cases in std & jb type & sell empty cases than produce assembled stock ?

I'd also make the fussy buggers buy them as 10 of 'em in a bag, economy of scales ect...

that's how the brown covers for shock's come from risco - just swap out the guts

agree with the just supply casings.........

agree that grey/silver is more of a common issue.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

• 1 month later...

So we should supply packs of 10 housings, and you would use the innards from another one of our 'white' contacts?  The thing is, you'd then also need the magnet side in, plus any spacers and the base for the PCB as this is slightly visible....

Surely it would be easier to just buy as many grey / silver products as you need?

in fairness is only like access manufacturers do with reader covers, hid supply a mullion reader with a blue, black, grey and white cover

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

Humbrol Paint?

We ordered a new front door in black, white frame but your not going to be able to see any contact or magnet ;).

Have you invented better way of doing it ? Patent pending ? Not going to mark down false alarms on your stats are you?

Sorry mate couldn't resist lol

I've seen flush contacts fitted in UPC doors but wouldn't attempt it myself

Have you invented better way of doing it ? Patent pending ? Not going to mark down false alarms on your stats are you?

Sorry mate couldn't resist lol

I've seen flush contacts fitted in UPC doors but wouldn't attempt it myself

fluush can work, the ready cables 3/8 th round or the small ali type. if you can remove the skirting installing to the lower leading edge etc, various ways to fit a contact on uPVC doors, the slim surface type contact often allow the magnet to sit happily in the profile, or remove the casing and use a suitable coloured sealant after hot melt glue to secure the magnet, options depend in frame construction and cable route after that.

My door has a filler panel, so thats the cable route sorted as i have ti remove the existing door ready fir them (keeping old timber door for the wife's mothers - coffin ;) )

I suspect Arf just has a dummy box on his gaff ?

try it and see!

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

fluush can work, the ready cables 3/8 th round or the small ali type. if you can remove the skirting installing to the lower leading edge etc, various ways to fit a contact on uPVC doors, the slim surface type contact often allow the magnet to sit happily in the profile, or remove the casing and use a suitable coloured sealant after hot melt glue to secure the magnet, options depend in frame construction and cable route after that.

My door has a filler panel, so thats the cable route sorted as i have ti remove the existing door ready fir them (keeping old timber door for the wife's mothers - coffin ;) )

try it and see!

Getting cables to the door isn't the issue. Did a job a few weeks ago and was made aware that any drilling of the door would void the warranty on the door.

Not ire how true that was but sounded like its a get out clause for the door guys

fluush can work,

its simple enough to put concealed in upvc,

however risk v reward means we don't do it for subscribers very often

last one I recall is patio contacts within the grove of the door, cable passing though the frame into 18x9 mini trunk & soldered rather than jb.

Mr? Veritas God

Getting cables to the door isn't the issue. Did a job a few weeks ago and was made aware that any drilling of the door would void the warranty on the door.

Not ire how true that was but sounded like its a get out clause for the door guys

Anglia and Everest are likely to moan, Everest claim to use a gas in the sealed sections, but this is my door.

i stipulate the client seeks advice from door installer regarding drilling them, not being into DS tape or velcro (yup seen that too), they are leftto decide between security or door design considerations.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

The one I did was my fathers door so it was screwed surface regardless.

Heard it a few times from different customers.

I wouldnt use no nails etc unless I had no other option . UPC weld would probably be okay but the customer would be signing to say that's how they wanted it fixed

Archived