Security Installer Community

Texecom Speech & Txt Dialler Or Com2400

uwave

^^ I'd heard mortgage were being given out more freely these days

Yep, some V high prices on the GSM based options within the panels. With the actual GSM modules selling for sub £10 nowadays, it's a pretty big markup on the modules.

I know we've had the same discussion on keypad prices being as much as the panels - the GSM modules are in the range of  >2x

Texecom have a new IP module in the works. I'm not sure what price point it will come in at, but hopefully it will be in line with (or lower than) Honeywell's £90+VAT for their Flex V3 IP module. I've just released a new version of a low cost IP module now covering all the Galaxy range (excluding the V3 Flex), enabling RSS, apps and low cost monitoring at half the price of the Honeywell board. This fills a gap where people don't want to pay the same amount again for the IP addition as they did for the rest of their system hardware. The take up of IP will be something that will keep on growing for the near term - even though the manufacturers are slow on delivering sensibly priced products.

Those that have onboard IP / webservers (i.e. Siemens, iOn) clearly choose not to add any kind of 'self monitoring'

on purpose. That's a statement of fact, by the way, and not an endorsement or complaint.

From a security and management point of view I'm personally happy with the advantages that Webway brings, esp.

regards a commonality across several makes.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Those that have onboard IP / webservers (i.e. Siemens, iOn) clearly choose not to add any kind of 'self monitoring'

on purpose. That's a statement of fact, by the way, and not an endorsement or complaint.

Agreed, many of the vendors want to lock-in for recurring revenue or sell IP receivers for big profits.

Not sure which products become more popular in the long run though!

• 1 month later...

hi

sorry delayed reaction, but thought this might be useful

if your panel supports some or all of the protocols like the galaxies do, the following have been fitted, its exepensive as it is said before gsm modules with a couple of inputs are quite cheap, but you recieve detailed events if you can get it to work on any panel that supports contact id, etc

http://www.topkodas.lt/modules.php?name=Products&pa=showpage&pid=54

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320721962509?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• 4 weeks later...

i just fitted one of these to a GD works ok, only issue i found was ie zone 24 reporting as zone 36 , but easily changed in the configuration when putting in a descriptor instead, but other than that it would send the Contact ID for entering the programming mode and exiting and so on, phone number was just like the webway i believe, you just put any old number in which gets ignored in this case of this gsm convertor and it sends the data to convert to sms txt sms

Most transmission formats have a weakness, big issue with text is slow transmission at very busy network times. Example,how many 'happy new years' texts do you get @ 10am New Years Day, knowing they have been sent out at midnight?

If your going that route, i suggest a GSM device with email feature as being a far better bet.

word if caution, if using a voice dialer, some support 30 or more recipients. it is not overly practical to have more than 4 recipients, as if the 1st, 2nd and 3rd don't answer it will be some time before it tries 1st key-holder again.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yes as pointed out, gsm txt shouldnt be your only method comms, but for self monitoring its a good option for detailed events so having your gsm unit and a voice dialler is better

gsm unit and voice dialler, my preference is G3 dual path signalling, with sms via pstn as an extra, just to get the message quicker than the arc rings.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Archived