Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

paul44

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all your getting

In fairness Adrian, what else can Risco say with regards to up time of their cloud service.

Non of them can guarantee 100%. Too many variables outside their control, but which they'll still be perceived responsible for.

Not even in house I.T. Dept's, yours included, promise 100%. And they are in control.

Firmware is also in your full control, recent history is hardly a ringing endorsement that gives bragging rights over others.

Hi Guys no, don`t work for Risco, just use a reasonable amount of their kit, and to be fair they have bent over backwards to assist when we have had problems, and yes I guess getting the camera to pole more regularly will effect the battery life, but is a couple of batteries a major problem every couple of years? Barry

In fairness Adrian, what else can Risco say with regards to up time of their cloud service.

Non of them can guarantee 100%. Too many variables outside their control, but which they'll still be perceived responsible for.

Not even in house I.T. Dept's, yours included, promise 100%. And they are in control.

Firmware is also in your full control, recent history is hardly a ringing endorsement that gives bragging rights over others.

I cannot disagree with that, the problem is the perception of those who do not understand the implications of these systems, don't read the small print, then sell a service which has no guarantees. The end users perception, and sometimes installers perception from the marketing by the manufacturer is that it will work all of the time. Some truth around the limitations would i am sure go a long way to managing these expectations

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

That's the issue I guess. From a customers POV, when is the last time they switched on their BT vision box etc... and couldn't get TV?

Even I can't remember the last time I had no internet, think it was last year for 20 minutes and I was straight into 3G.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Similar here. We pay $$$$$ for leased lines for that 100% SLA uptime but the reality is my vdsl link at home never goes down. I have MAS open that talks to the database server via a VPN and the timeout is 10 seconds so if that link goes down for more than 10 seconds it quits. Same with command centere. Shows how reliable things have become and how dependent we get on them.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

That's the issue I guess. From a customers POV, when is the last time they switched on their BT vision box etc... and couldn't get TV?

Even I can't remember the last time I had no internet, think it was last year for 20 minutes and I was straight into 3G.

We get BT dropping out every month, both business and domestic.

VM about once every 6 months.

That's bad, we must be lucky here. Guess its urban enough to have the fast stuff but not urban enough to be overloaded all the time...

Would you believe after my preaching yesterday had a 3 hour outage this afternoon :(

Dear Customer

We have just seen a large number of broadband circuits drop across the UK. It appears to be a power outage.

Engineers are working on restoring power and a resolution as fast as possible.

A further update will be provided at 4pm.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards

Louis

Louis Ravensfield

Service Manager

Eclipse

www.eclipse.net.uk | blog.eclipse.net.uk

Part of the KCOM Group

Please consider the environment before printing this email

This email has been scanned for all viruses.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

The content of this email and any attachment is private and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying or forwarding of this email and/or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by email and delete this message and any attachments immediately. Nothing in this email shall bind the Company or any of its subsidiaries or businesses in any contract or obligation, unless we have specifically agreed to be bound.

KCOM Group PLC is a public limited company incorporated in England and Wales, company number 02150618 and whose registered office is at 37 Carr Lane, Hull, HU1 3RE.

118288 - KCOM Group UK Directory Enquiries. Calls will cost no more than £3.58 connection + £1.99p per minute following the first 60 seconds, including VAT from a KC or BT landline. Call charges from mobiles and other networks may vary. If you are calling from a mobile you will now receive your requested number via text message. You will not be charged for the text message.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Just seen Cubits response to being told about www.vdomain.co.uk website.

A bit harsh mate ! We are changing it in the next few days hopefully you will find that a little more appealing.

Also look at www.webeyecms.com which is an open system Cloud software platform for RSI Videofied,and other systems with 8 servers on the cloud in 4 geographical locations in the UK, backup, replication, server and software polling.  24 H 7 days a week 365 days a year technical support server maintenance and an up time of 99.98% for the last three years.

We have patented the alarm delivery technique of changing the alarm delivery technology dependent on the response or lack of it from an alarm recipient, and have done just about everything in our power to ensure the system is there to receive and distribute the alarm signal. We have the power to create thousands of virtual monitoring stations, allowing small groups or large organisations that operate in many regions to set up and manage their own alarms via Browser and Smart phone.

Given what I am reading in this forum I wouldn't call what we do dodgy, actually its the exact opposite.

CEO of VDT Direct and WebeyeCMS

^^^^^^^^

Harsh?

Not really. I was given the link, i looked, and commented on what i found.

Remember, the webpage is your shop window.

Bit unfair blaming the visitors for commenting on what they see.