Security Installer Community

Pyronix Tmd15 - False Activation

JasonOfOz

It seems that only the PIR (zone 2) is going active.

Maybe just "normal" environmental issues, there not a quad IIRC so can be more prone to FA's.

If we get FA's on TMD's it's always the PIR zone.

--Edit

Also on a similar note I have had DT's FA's due to being next to a Dualcom aerial.

As CG says harmonics come into play, i.e. multiples of the main frequency. And at WiFis relatively puny power not normally a problem; but different with other very low power applications such as alarms. But if its the PIR section FAing forget all that for now!

Speaking in reverse, weren't the (much) earlier versions of the Risco iWise notorious for killing Wifi if wired with MW permanently enabled?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

As CG says harmonics come into play, i.e. multiples of the main frequency. And at WiFis relatively puny power not normally a problem; but different with other very low power applications such as alarms. But if its the PIR section FAing forget all that for now!

Speaking in reverse, weren't the (much) earlier versions of the Risco iWise notorious for killing Wifi if wired with MW permanently enabled?

I remember a vision one doing that which was on 2.4gHz I think. Never seen it with 10gHz kit.

Now we know the alarm is on zone 2, it is not related to the MW side.

Archived