Security Installer Community

4G - Who Uses It And How You Getting On With It?

arfur mo

I stuck with my iPhone 4s, seems i've been fortunate.

Watching Watchdog tonight, reporting on user having serious issues with 4g, apparently while it is faster on internet (9x), coverage is not so good as the EE conga add would have you believe.

Calls being dropped, missed straight to voice mail, or no service but showing full signal etc. and it seems not to be handset make specific.

Apparently like the old modems if 4g is not available it drops back to 3g then GSM, but can only do that if 3g is available at the local masts, big issue for those who have their phone stuck in their ear every waking moment.

So just wondering of those who are using 4G how you are finding it?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

4G or LTE as it says at the top of my phone is good for internet speed very good when you can find it lol, but and it's a BIG but is when it drops back to 3G. In a word s*** and has always been rubbish. I am always getting messages saying I have missed calls and when I answer the phone there is always around 2-3 sec delay before they can hear me. GSM is and always has been the best for voice calls.

Pretty much what Simlec says, can take a while to get a connection when calling someone, dropped calls, missed calls, signal hit and miss at home, so glad I only signed a 12 month contract. Going to try Voda in December but will it be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire?

Pete Bennett

Northern CCTV Services

T: 0845 838 7383

E: info@northern-cctv.co.uk

www.northern-cctv.co.uk

EE claim the biggest 4G network, so if true going Voda likely not a good move while they play catch up. Think 02 might be a better as i think bigger than Voda, but still playing catchup.

EE suit was claiming that lots of different kit and ages of kit had to be knitted together and will take time, knowing this full well funny they don't mention that in the conga adds!

another case of obscene profit before clients :(

i was very lucky, EE business rep phoned me to offer the iP5 before launch, not to interested tbh but boasted better battery life and 4G when released, so i go for it, to find out the **** had put me down for a black 4S 16 GB, not amused i have the white iP4s 64GB.

re-order and they did it again so told EE to poke their upgrade.

but retrospectively a couple of lucky mistakes it seems?

wonder if handset makers will allow a user switch to turn off 4G when not needed, So handsets don't first have to search for it?

I know someone who bought 4G and was told not to worry about poor signal as the femtocell was in the post...

Then told there would be no femtocells until next year being shipped! (I am assuming 4G phones fall back onto

3G and the femtocell is the usual IP vodaphone jobbie)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

I know someone who bought 4G and was told not to worry about poor signal as the femtocell was in the post...

Then told there would be no femtocells until next year being shipped! (I am assuming 4G phones fall back onto

3G and the femtocell is the usual IP vodaphone jobbie)

as the EE suit says, if it drops back, no 3G signal is lost, tbh i'd wait a while if 4G is the reason to upgrade. be intersting to know how these 4G handsets will perform abroad.

I moved across to 4G, get the occasional issue mentioned earlier but can't say it's a concern. Half the time i'm in a dodgy signal area so that may well be mostly the cause.

Moved across because i was sick of the problems (same ones) i was getting with 3G.

I moved across to 4G, get the occasional issue mentioned earlier but can't say it's a concern. Half the time i'm in a dodgy signal area so that may well be mostly the cause.

Moved across because i was sick of the problems (same ones) i was getting with 3G.

when it was first muted iirc i read it was only going to be in the bigger cities only?

thing that struck me, i was bouncing off my 'unlimited' fair data limit, and i don't do that much more than download manuals. wondered how would that work on 4G? woulld it be 3 days and all used up :( - for the month.

tbh i find 3G works fine for my needs

3g hits 8meg down, cant see i need anymore at the mo. But may affect landline use. The only reason i have a landline is for bb. If i could get proper unlimited 4g then my landline would go. Would knacker up my webway though. Thus may speed the adoption if gsm modules for panels and comms domestically imo

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

3g hits 8meg down, cant see i need anymore at the mo. But may affect landline use. The only reason i have a landline is for bb. If i could get proper unlimited 4g then my landline would go. Would knacker up my webway though. Thus may speed the adoption if gsm modules for panels and comms domestically imo

'3 Network offer all you can eat data,

i posted recently that i get that with EE and unlimited everything now (as a business customer) for £16 pcm inc vat x 1 year SIM only contract, no need to worry about tethering my ipad either :).

Aye - Three are happy for you to tether.  The in-laws scrapped their land line and the ADSL with it when they last upgraded their phones.

The tethered 3G is much faster than any wired IP connection they were able to achieve at their distance from the exchange and given the lack of decent bb provision in their village.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

Archived