Security Installer Community

Cctv Monitor

Busta

Hi, I have been out of the cctv game for a while. I'm installing a 5 camera analog system connected to a hikvision dvr. Does anyone know of a good/cheap monitor I can install? Preferably 15 or 17" flat screen. Has anyone used psg before? Thanks

+2

I apply this to every job. Execept when domestic gets me to put in their own £9.99 PIR lights as part of a intruder job, I
get them to sign a disclaimer over and above the usual warranty waiver, then usually get to go back and change every
single fitting for a nice Steinel within 12 months!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Going to depend in the site, if a house likely they will hardly look at it once the novelty wears off, proven by he times i get asked to come back and assist in downloading any incidents lol!

i run against this trend tbh, i'll buy cheap (but not the perhaps cheapest). i most always allow local viewing over home network, often in a house DVR is located out of the way and i connect to their own LCD/LED Tv, usually their own pc as the client software is usually much easier and more familiar to the client than using the DVRs buttons. Operators using local access tend to have far less fear of damaging something this way.

So whats the point in forking out for an expensive monitor just for basically my own set up convenience? tbh i have spare monitors i can use for that, and once up and running in basic i then use a laptop.

Monitors on shop floors being on 24/7 is a judgement call, buy expensive and it fails within a year you can change it out knowing it will be sorted, but are you willing then to offer advance replacement if it? Use an £80 monitor if it fails cheap enough to suck it up, if out of warranty cheaper to replace for the client, against this do the intruders really need HD to vainly look at themselves?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

No we don't sell monitors. I just wondered because there is a big price gap between VGA and BNC monitors.

That used to be true, but in the budget area it is only about £15 and many DVR's sprort VGA and HDMi outlets.

As gor longevity, i often use a cushion monitor for ser up, DVR Well out of the way linked by mains networking kit if no network cables.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived