Security Installer Community

Pyronix Prox-Sa User Manual

SparkyUK

Hi,

I've arrived at a customer site this morning and they have a Prox-SA (standalone prox reader) from pyronix. They've acquired some new tags which they want to use but they no longer have the user manual to add/remove users. Does anyone know where I may find this? The link to the install manual on the pyronix site isn't working for me. Just gives me a 404 error and it's not that obvious how to add new user tags.

Many thanks in advance.

Do they have the master tag? If they don't have the master tag then you wont be able to add any new tags.

I'm not sure - they've given me a card tag. They also have a keyfob style one, (small round disk with a keychain) and that is all. The card works, but the fob has "died" after being run-over by a car. 

I am guessing that neither of these would be the master tag.

Attached manual for the castle variant, not sure if its the same

Many thanks, I will try this, although I am guessing as Morph said, without a master tag I won't be able to get it into the learning mode.

That's where i keep mine too, customers can't be trusted with them!

This is what I do too, but sadly this isn't one of my systems, so I am fresh out of luck here.

Back on site this morning. They firmly claim that the keycard (which was still in it's protective packaging) was the Master key as demonstrated by their alarm installer. I tried the manual Buster kindly provided, and it has partially worked (I can get it into learning mode), but when I present the extra fobs, the reader is generating what I think is an error tone. 

I will keep at it, the lady in question is determined to retain the prox reader. I have tried calling Pyronix again.

Thanks for the advice so far.

As a side note, the alarm system is a Sterling 10, poorly installed (no tamper on anything, no label on the battery, telephone cable used for one sensor, no log of work or zoning setups etc).

Does it use the old Castle tags or Pyronix ones (just out of curiosity)

They are Pyronix tags - the keycard has the logo on it.  There is such little detail on this unit - I take it they can't have been that popular.

Customer is now refusing to pay for the other work until it is resolved. Will have to try wasting time with Pyronix again tomorrow.

SparkyUK. Did you get this sorted?

Sorry Jim, didn't see your post. Not resolved yet. Is the Prox-SA similar to the Prox RB for programming? I have a manual for that, although I know the RB uses a data-line back to the panel, where as the SA is acting as momentary key - but would the tag presentation/learning be the same method? 

Hi Jim,

Any manuals need to be approved prior to them going live on the site. I have approved this for you and it will now show on the site but it is only available to trade members of the forum. This thread is in public as SparkyUK doesn't have trade membership and understandably we don't allow installation manuals to be downloaded to public members.

I don't have permission to view that, but thank you anyway, Jim. Much appreciated.

If you would like to join in on the trade side of things where you have access to much more topics and manuals the link is here http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/forum-trade-access.html

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived