Security Installer Community

Power Cut Causes Alarm, Tried Replacement Battery Already

swoot

Hi all

Just trying to get our basic system so it won't alarm in a power cut, very annoying when trying to do electrical work on the house. I've already replaced the internal backup battery and left it 24hrs to charge but when I test it by removing mains power, the alarm sounds. I have 2 LEDs in the display, mains and day - both go out. The alarm is a C&K Securitech and unsure about the bell box make, although its hex shaped with 2 blue lenses at the bottom. Any ideas please guys? cheers!

Simon

Was the 'original' duff old battery really foobared with lots of green stuff on the terminals, etc...

Just wondering if

a) Charger circuit knackered

and/or

b) Terminal wires very high resistance or rotted away under terminal plastics

and/or

c) Fuse gone as suggested

OP, you mention electrical work so we won't anger Arf with discussions of electrical safety; is there a voltage on the charger circuit and

if so what is it?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies. It was indeed the 1amp fuse for the battery. Replaced and tested OK. We had several short power cuts during bad weather last year, maybe these caused the issue?

Thanks again

Archived