Security Installer Community

Texecom 24 Rkp Lost

How many keypads on system and/or expanders

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What about keypad dipswitch, I know manual says that if all switches are off its the same as being set to address 1 but I always set dipswitch 1 to on.

Scratching really as it seems you have changed everything, seems to point to some sort of interference like rf or mains

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

What about keypad dipswitch, I know manual says that if all switches are off its the same as being set to address 1 but I always set dipswitch 1 to on.

Scratching really as it seems you have changed everything, seems to point to some sort of interference like rf or mains

They are all down

Oddly enough I do the same.

Yes a very odd fault and it seems the only constant is the environment.

Have you tested the removed kit on the bench?

Is it possible you have too much on the system?

Possible that other things are taking all the power and you are getting volts drop?

Does the Rkp loss co-incide with test signals going out or something else that will drain power?

p24 polly or p24 Metal? possibly change to a metal or add a psu.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

I take it the metal has a bigger PSU than the plastic?

Correct me if wrong but 1amp on p24 plastic (pollycarbonate) 1.5 amp on P24 metal

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

• 2 months later...

was there an outcome richard?

Well it had locked up in 'confirm devices' So re confirmed what was on the system, (x 2 keypads) and it reset.

Gave it a thorough test, checked all loads/induced AC readings etc, couldnt get it to trip again. Rang up tech, not a scoob. So, fingers crossed..................?!

Yeah, tbh we only use them as we have a big iD estate out there, so need something thats still compatible. I really rate them but there always seems to be new firmware updates. They are ironing the issues out though, so its a good thing imo.

i noticed a few faults on texecom! the new elite range which was really buggy last year when it was realised i found you could not trigger outputs off network 2 expsanders ! resolved now though 

texecom issues?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived