Security Installer Community

Permanently Disabling Gardtec 595

SharplyUnclear

t, talk it through with you what i have or have not found, and what i'd suggest to do. If you trusted me to go ahead i'd suggest it be on visual alert only for an agreed period to save any further distress.

once you comfortable then go internal speaker only, then later reconnect externals with a short siren ring time. i don't usually offer my services in here, but to me this is a very exceptional situation.

arf its only his alarm not working,he hasnt had a run in with saville...

So there we go. He didn't want to know, so no, he was unlikely to do it. But I think it is our duty to be careful with members of the public. Exactly the same as if you were in his home. That's all.

i thought you were referencing my play in words difib remark - so i assume you having comming up dry, i i assume you are now moving your goal posts?

so ok, lets belly fluff some more and go on a flight of sheer fantasy -:

fact - internal speaker is not commonly within the main G595 end station, the little speakers were supplied for a period with the G8xx Gardtec range, dropped for the G4/5XX ranges. even if it was within the end station, the o/p has expressed - as you re-quoted - he has expressed a great reluctance, and his valid prudent reasons for not opening the end station.

so where is there any dour risk of him opening the far more common hall mounted internal speaker casing? unless the installer used a mains powered master blaster mounted in the hall for this purpose?

so you are making all this fuss and talk of impending forum readers doom yet you see fit to make the 'humorous' suggestion (#13) of connecting someone to a strobe circuit carrying over 11k, and nothing about the lack of Normans full description (#14) for preferring a 'fibulator' (which the description was the basis if my remark, given Normans very recent comment as to my posts content).

if you are so very concerned, to prevent my keen sense of any victimisation being alerted, i think you should show consistency of H&S stance and berate Norman mercilessly, as i'm now like you very concerned if the o/p suffers a cardiac arrest at sometime his life, mistakingly uses a certain sex toy instead the correct medical kit to re-start his heart, and tragically loose his life!

or we could all - just 'get real' instead ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Your best bet would be to get an approved company in for advice and upgrade the system back to working standard.

Or non approved, we've done this do death, there are ***** firms about irrespective of which badge or no badge.

I'd suggest Mr Simpson asked neighbours or relatives for recommendations.

Sounds like he had a mare with his current firm.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

tbf although this trade has not come up smelling of roses we don't have both sides, the panel has been changed to a Regalsafe and now a Gardtec, assuming the detectors or most of them are original, and we do know they are old, but not know make or model.

The alarm has not been maintained for several years, as engineers we know batteries last about 4 years on average, can short and reduce the panels rail voltage causing false alarms or erratic behaviour, regulators fail, causing higher voltages with the same results and cooking batteries, i would be curious as to why the two changes of panel.

Should Steve require a security system, while checking those detectors out i would advise if the alarm is used or not, the detectors have been working 24/7 since installed, and to think about having later units fitted, simply for the confidence in having a warranty and the advances made in anti-false alarm technology, spider and bug resistance etc. which the Regs for their better design requirements has brought about.

Steve, if you think of the tech used in a car of your alarms overall age, against that used in even the cheapest car today, detector design and reliability has moved on at an even faster rate.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Or non approved, we've done this do death, there are ***** firms about irrespective of which badge or no badge.

Sounds like he had a mare with his current firm.

Yeah recommendations are usually the best idea.

Check with your insurer if they have any requirements on your policy.

Sounds like you've had a bad experience with the firm you had been using .

Hope it turns all well in the end .

Depends on your neighbours, Just been to a house with a smashing Direct Response Security system....

Lovely lady, just a touch of dementia but otherwise coping well at home.

Relatives blissfully unaware of how much it's probably costing her. ********.

(These are the watchdog crew that sell £6000 ten year contracts yes?)

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Archived