Security Installer Community

Redcare Home Monitoring

sparky83

Just wondering if anyones installed one yet - saw them at IFSEC seemed quite good. The guy said you need a good 02 signal for it to work - better than Redcare GSM. Anyone got any comments on it?! Any insurers specified it yet?!

Trade Member

Sparky, your a trade member M8, take a look in the trade forums in the signalling section, theres a bit of debate on it there.

We had a demo on an SSAIB course for EN 50131 recently and initially it looked good, but at the time of demo, not all ARC's were set up for it I beleive.

We are reluctant to use it just yet, as the land line side incurs call charges (we currently get 0800 numbers for clients on a Digi, which they love) BT see & filter the signals before it goes to the ARC I beleive and again at the time of demo, they had no plans to give you GSM only usuage, which would have been great for remote sites / temp sites etc, which probably would have seen us try it out by now as our ARC can support it.

Regards Chris :)

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Archived