Security Installer Community

Harrogate Security - Birstall. West Yorkshire

I'd never have thought until the wall of shame anyone would bother to do such a thing, especially a security company. It so easy to find out if someone is or isn't approved and I'd assume a punter would check. Seems not.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

the whole thing is a joke even then they do have approval, our local council sites are maintained by a guarding company - when i questioned this with the council they said "oh but they are approved" - she just didn't get they were approved for guarding and not electronic security.  all she cared about was "they are approved".

Ronnie if the councils are posting tender requests and accepting people that do not meet them then you need to get the documents and prove it. Its not on and procurement rules are not as lax as they were and tender results/awarded contracts can be null and void in some cases.

This is the point though is it not.

The value of approval is the value of approval.  Currently the NSI accreditation is not understood or valued enough by the average layman.

We should be able to proudly boast about our approval in the same manner as travel agents do on their own adverts to say 'ATOL Protected' or 'ATOL Assured' .  We should similarly be saying 'NSI Approved' or something on the same lines..

This requires a large amount of marketing in the right areas by the NSI though to educate people about the different types of approval and why using an approved installer is important.

Fortunately, with the advances of the internet a huge marketing campaign does not have to be expensive, just time consuming.

btn_myprofile_160x33.png

And the required height according to the affiliated bodies for a sounder is?.

don't think they specify, why do you ask?

And the 'approved' height should be?......

think you already asked that didn't you?

Above knee height? :whistle:

the correct answer is - as high as you can off small steps because we don't carry proper equipment because we're a mickey mouse guarding firm playing at alarms?

My apologies for not replying sooner chaps-been grafting!, Ronnie I asked about the height because you mentioned 2 metres, I've actually put them lower than that before, just once, because no other option was available, as we know, there are no 'requirements' for sounders.

Guarding, I think not, lol.

My apologies for not replying sooner chaps-been grafting!, Ronnie I asked about the height because you mentioned 2 metres, I've actually put them lower than that before, just once, because no other option was available, as we know, there are no 'requirements' for sounders. this is a 2 storey building, there was no need to put the bell low level.  it's because they don't carry the correct equipment to do the job properly.

Guarding, I think not, lol. don't understand what you're getting at with this comment.

Archived