Security Installer Community

What Detector Or Device To Put On Automatic Glass Sliding Door

FFS.  Don't glue a contact to f ucking glass, is this a wind up thread???

no, its a very experienced reply thread ;).

for about 3 years.i got call after call to control glass doors, at IFSEC i spot a 'C' shaped sleeve you clamped on, and went both sides of the glass. having bought it for £160.00 with locks all Crome and bling , i 'm thinking sorted.

they went through 3 house moves with me, i never got another feeking glass doors call, i had a 'brutal' clear out and ruthfully chucked them. i kid you not a week later guess what happened?

i'd be in your camp, we used to use Bostik for vibro window contacts, which regularly fell off but nothing else available. Araldite original took 24 hours to set, causing big skid marks on the glass :).

but with today's adhesives there is no problem, as long as you clean the contact area with mentholated or alcohol spirit

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

An Indian restaurant I used to frequent had a large mirror behind the bar with glass shelves stuck on and bottles stood on them. A friend who used to be in the glass trade has a fancy dining table glued together that looks superb, but I think gluing contacts on is gash imo.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Tried drilling plate glass lately?

Use the metal cover plate as suggested, but guess what, they say to glue that to stop movement.

I suppose you use a curtain PIR. Seen many a Aunty do that and come "unstuck..........................geddit :P

When i glued them maglocks i put si much attention into covering my ass, i had not thought about of the look from the other side through the glass.

Decided not so pretty showing all this glue, had a good look round local B&Q could not find any finger panels. Searching for insperation, i spotted and covered with a couple of aluminium vent plates instead - and charged £50 more :).

For the quote.

Add made to measure for the closer and locks in situ, same tint if used. Ect Ect

Why i was so hyper, imagine sticking successfully then to find they were pizzed!

To be safe I clamped a sprit level using quick cramps, then butted the brackets to it, again quick cramped. Although fast setting adhesive (cost iirc £35.00 for a really small amount), i kept them held fast while hot on doing the rest of the works.

Final test was to literally hang off the bracket using a strap, that must have been a site on its own for the managers watching!

Archived