Security Installer Community

What Detector Or Device To Put On Automatic Glass Sliding Door

Hi Everyone,

We installed a Texecom Premier Wireless system for a client recently (bells only).

The challenge we had was that their front door was an automatic glass sliding door.

We did try to mount a wireless door contact to it but it always seems to fall off.

Does anyone have any better ideas of what we can do to keep this door secured?

Thanks!

J.

Hi Everyone,

We installed a Texecom Premier Wireless system for a client recently (bells only).

The challenge we had was that their front door was an automatic glass sliding door.

We did try to mount a wireless door contact to it but it always seems to fall off.

Does anyone have any better ideas of what we can do to keep this door secured?

Thanks!

J.

How did you mount the device, Epoxy based two part glue should do the trick. http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003BPX9EK

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the fast reply. Engineer has just used double sided tape for now.

Just spoke to him and I hope to get a photo next but because of the gap between the glass and the rail, it is going to be impossible to make it work.

So we are considering just installing another detector in the area (can your detectors be set to "curtain" mode?) or as one of your colleagues suggested - install a beam linked to a wireless device.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

J.

Yes it is a single sliding, final exit door.

see....

don 't listen to this lot, don't waste your time trying to stick anything on, it will look wan  k, every alarm engineer who walks past will think you're rough and you'll be back every 6 months sticking the thing back on again.

if a wireless contact is ok, attaching with epoxy should be fine. their are different types with differing properties and cost, but double sided is no good for a permanent solution.

i was asked to instal two maglocks on z&l brackets to double glass doors, using an eppxy supplied by Noralsy for the job. i had massive doubts so clauses and caviates that covered me for next doors cat dying, spent a whole day on just fixing using cramps to get pressure and hold

being a veteran of araldite and super glue failures, to my complete surprise it held, only for three weeks later i was asked to re-move and fit to another set of doors lol!

part of those z&l brackets are still stuck to them first doors today :).

^^^^What he said, and if it does stick you will get the blame for the mess left when it needs replacing.

why would that be? the base is not changed and thats the bit what is stuck.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

if a wireless contact is ok, attaching with epoxy should be fine. their are different types with differing properties and cost, but double sided is no good for a permanent solution.

i was asked to instal two maglocks on z&l brackets to double glass doors, using an eppxy supplied by Noralsy for the job. i had massive doubts so clauses and caviates that covered me for next doors cat dying, spent a whole day on just fixing using cramps to get pressure and hold

being a veteran of araldite and super glue failures, to my complete surprise it held, only for three weeks later i was asked to re-move and fit to another set of doors lol!

part of those z&l brackets are still stuck to them first doors today :).

why would that be? the base is not changed and thats the bit what is stuck.

System change?

Base damaged?

New model dc?

Probably get something to remove the old glue tho

System change?

Base damaged?

New model dc?

Probably get something to remove the old glue tho

We are talking a door contact, surely not an issue against uhly cable ir using a beam? but if you want future proof options then mount contact using aluminum angle glued to glass

And screw the contact to that.

Glad there are still some of about who can think.

careful now, i might condem you to 2 rides in my sinclair C5 lol!

Archived