Security Installer Community

Intellisense 800L

reg10

Hi

Whilst we were away a neighbour noticed our strobe unit flashing but no sounders going.

When I went to turn panel off zone 1 was in alarm state but none of the others.

Reset alarm all OK, no signs of break-in so no problem but decided to check battery as not been changed for years and to test system.

Battery reading 13.2v with mains off, shorted out tamper pins and went through the tests. 

All OK but NO external sounders, strobe OK, internal sounder OK panel lights ok.

Is there any way I can test from the panel whether the sounder is getting the signal or voltage from the panel to activate?

I ask because to get to the sounder box means climbing on newly done neighbours roof and they are not to keen to have some bloke clambering over it, if it is not necessary.

One final thing which may or may not be relevant, is that when I put it into an alarm state by setting it and then tripping a PIR the small user panel went out for a few seconds as though power was off.

Any ideas gratefully received 

Reg

your sounder could  be dragging the panel down. But yes you can test at the panel just meter between hold off pos and bell neg

Thanks for pointing me the right way, will check it tomorrow.

Sounds like you need a new keypad to me.............

if only we knew someone....

If I do need a new keypad I shall know who to ask.........  :D

Archived