Security Installer Community

Hello

Orion12

well there, we dont have enough comms based ssytems, as most other firms only want the comms systems!

audible dont seem to cut it anymore, but an install is an install!

anyway we dont use ATS! we only fit galaxy!!!!  and yep we are SSIAB and proud of it, as we keep

our docs up together.

Oasis

and a personal thingy, i hate ATS, far to complicated for an intruder alarm, GE should have left it as an access

control system, as per what it was originally designed for, TKMaxx has ATS all over, and from being called out to the Croydon site, many years ago

took one look at it and thought, what the hell do i do with this?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is true that on looking for companies to buy, it is only comms systems that we and any others are interested in as that is where the money is.

We used to be ssaib and proud but on looking at other ssaib firms to takeover and seeing the things they have been allowed to blatantly get away with doesn't make me so proud to where the badge as I once did.

I agree ATS is a very complex but also very clever platform. It's complexity and lack of support from UTC unless you are one of their key customers is actually its big attraction to me knowing that Tom, Dick & Harry can't support it and that UTC will not engage with an installer unless they are spending decent amounts with  them. Same with Lenel access. Very picky who they will do business with.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

True. tom dick and harry just pull it out and replace with something better easier that they understand as they are just a 12v monkey rather than an engineer  :)

I couldn't agree more.

You pull them out too then?

We only have engineers left on the team. The fitters have ended up getting sacked and sadly I have the employment tribunals as a memento of their time here.

I agree, although called one myself I have no degree.

Then again after seeing some with degree`s was the time really spent getting one worthwhile?

It seems now they are not being really needed for jobs in certain sectors anyway.

On a plus note my son (Eldest) has just been "spotted" by a model agency and is now going to Paris and New York in the next few weeks apparently.

!8, 6 ft 3 blonde and blue eyes :D

God help him..............

But at least he can earn quick and then use it for something else. Always told the boys not to do this lark.

Archived