Security Installer Community

Dvr Recommendation?

skywalker

What about using a GSM module Luke to control his outputs seperately?

Depending how often he wanted to carry out this commands, he could monitor his cameras via his phone and then use text messages to trigger the control outputs?

that was one of the first things we suggested to him but he said no, as he wants a solution with just one app, and wants to be able to see the gates open and then close.

its looking like we're just going to use either geovision or eneo DVR like we use as standard, and a pelco D to relay output converter, we did offer him better solutions but he went for this one.

will be interesting to see how it turns out, as i've not used one of these converters before.

• 5 months later...

yep, since this ppost we've moved to hikvision for everything.

very impressed with the kit! we've utilised the relay outputs for allsorts. from lights and gates, to sirens and door locks.

also replaced the DVR at home from a DS2 to a hikvision one.

Have you looked at the  videcon vxh ? got an older version of that unit in my garage (vxm) never missed a beat and been running 4 years now, vxh will do what you require, been looking at upgrading mine to one of these for a while now

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1388&l1=16&l2=176

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

Have you looked at the  videcon vxh ? got an older version of that unit in my garage (vxm) never missed a beat and been running 4 years now, vxh will do what you require, been looking at upgrading mine to one of these for a while now

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1388&l1=16&l2=176

Got two sites with random remote access problems using these units. Can't pin down the actual cause but a tad suspicious.

Got two sites with random remote access problems using these units. Can't pin down the actual cause but a tad suspicious.

We binned them after two sites that were monitored had nothing but trouble. We use them for local recording on those sotes but use hitel for transmission. Shame as I liked them.

yep, since this ppost we've moved to hikvision for everything.

very impressed with the kit! we've utilised the relay outputs for allsorts. from lights and gates, to sirens and door locks.

also replaced the DVR at home from a DS2 to a hikvision one.

Which hikvision units are you using?

didnt know they had problems with the vxh, i know the vxm had issues with the lan card locking up, needed a reboot to sort it, thought it would be sorted on the new model, local lan always seems ok, just when dialing arc problem occurs

Employed by an NSI GOLD company

Any comments or views i have are my own, and do not represent that of my employer or clients.

VXH

Got 3 on remote viewing over IP. All usung the built in DDNs (dvrlink.net)

One seems to work fine, albeit after a couple of initial glitches. The other 2, and important ones at that, are problematical. Random connections interspersed with sustained periods of  no connection.

All 3 work fine locally.

Which hikvision units are you using?

DS-7216HWI-SH/A for analogue DVRs. 16 video in, audio in/out, 16 alarm in, 4 alarm out

DS-7608NI-SE/P for IP NVRs. on board 8 port POE switch, audio in/out but no alarms.

another thing i like is that the units have VGA, HDMI, and BNC outputs. the VGA and HDMI both display the same output, and the BNC acts as a spot. but unlike most DVRs the spot output isn't just limited to a sequence. you can have a seperate split screen on it.

for example cams 1-16 on main screen in managers office, 6 way split screen of cams 1-3,5,6,and 8 in reception.

the video wall servers look good too, but we don't have any clients who need one (yet) so i've not yet had a play with them unfortunately.

Have you had the push alarm working reliably with hikvision? It seems ios7 borked it. Avtech updated their eagleeyes app and fixed after ios 7 broke it on that but it still seems hit or miss on the hikvision.

not had the chance to try yet as i use android and the current android version doesn't have that feature.

I think once they get that cracked it will be great for domestics or small business remote acess, done a couple of avtech push video ip cameras at automatic gates signalling to the clients iphone to allow access to drop off a parcel or to let the cleaners in.

VXH

Got 3 on remote viewing over IP. All usung the built in DDNs (dvrlink.net)

One seems to work fine, albeit after a couple of initial glitches. The other 2, and important ones at that, are problematical. Random connections interspersed with sustained periods of  no connection.

All 3 work fine locally.

You might be suffering from the dynamic ip changing very regularly, had this on that disabled mans job in Cambridge using DNS.com. I

f you pay for the service you can have updates every 5 seconds if needed, while on the free account it's every 12 hours (iirc) and freezes or bums your service if abused.

a paid 'professional' account is only £18 PA ish and you get 30 servers.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You might be suffering from the dynamic ip changing very regularly, had this on that disabled mans job in Cambridge using DNS.com. I

f you pay for the service you can have updates every 5 seconds if needed, while on the free account it's every 12 hours (iirc) and freezes or bums your service if abused.

a paid 'professional' account is only £18 PA ish and you get 30 servers.

I have the pro, paid for service but these are on the built in dvrlink.net service.

Ill put good money on it not being the ddns being updated. Checks showed the wan address had not been changed. One of the sites is on VM cable so as long as the router stays online the IP rarely, if at all, changes.

it's just that these two prticular sites could not be more high profile (work wise).

Thankfully, i didn't spec the kit so ultimately, not my problem.  I do suspect £££ werea key decider. fck knows why.

Ok, usually they only change between half a dozen addresses, this one of mine has calmed down of late. it was rural Cambridge so i assume dodgy overhead cables causing it.

I find the logs are so useful, even with clients who have fixed ip, i put through DNS,

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived