Security Installer Community

Website Hosting - Artificial Www

morph

I used to have a pc with software on it that allowed me to develop a web application/site on a machine on Lan, which was not visible to the WWW. Basically all the work was done and tested off line before publishing it to web hosting server.

I cannot remember how this was achieved and the PC concerned is long gone  :o  Can anyone suggest a shareware method of doing this, ideally with MSQL support. This is not for a business application so hoping there is a free solution for doing this without buying a commercial license.

I'm just about to use webplus for our site - and yes there is a 'local preview' feature so you can see the site on your browser, which is reassuring.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks for the replies, I am not looking to design a website, just want to set up a web server. Its so that I can test some software before I deploy it the real www. I can either use a standalone computer and add whatever need to create the artificial www or use my laptop.

might be barking up the wrong tree but theres something you can enable on a window xp machine like attached image & you can add your files to folder & they appear in the same manner as if you where to host the site?

post-17668-0-56758300-1373121489_thumb.j

(sorry for the vageness)

Mr? Veritas God

Its needs to have the same setup as a dedicated www hosting platform, that's why I am looking for direction on what software a www server would have. Then to see if there is a freeware alternative. Shouldn't have mentioned the website bit as that's throwing a few of you off on the track.

Archived