Security Installer Community

Surrey Police Using Covert Motorcycle

arfur mo

i was viewing i think on the 'WATCH' channel an episode of a Police documentary, obviously an older episode but showed using a high powered bike to film other speeding bikers, pulling wheely's and other dangerous acts.

The Copper riding the unmarked 180+ MPH bike remains anonymous, simply radio's ahead to marked cars parked up, who then pull over then safely pull the bikers at junctions. he never reveals himself by actually stopping anyone.

comment that caught my attention is the main copper said they call him their 'STIG', but i bet the disgruntled bikers on learning that who got caught by him call him 'STIGGY' ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

he never reveals himself by actually stopping anyone.

I'm under the impression that unmarked police vehicles require the officer to be in uniform to stop you ?

I would imagine Surrey Police's unmarked motorcycle is piloted by an officer dressed as power ranger ?

Mr? Veritas God

Welll as the Police Officer called him their STIG i'd expect at least a star wars storm trouper kit ;).

your right about needing a uniformed officer to make the stop but the Police biker don't stop to press the chargess.

Why they are worried about revealing his/her ID beats me,

thinking on, why is he/she not wearing his epaulets after all its motoring offences, not crimminal undercover work, and the biker might want to counter claim he could see he was being aggressively chased and not knowing it eas a copper, feared for his life and only sped to escape.

i wonder how that coppers RA works, the story of the window cleaner climbing along baconies, surely Surrey Council who are responsible for the highway, and Surrey Olice are culpabal of endangering that copers life in exactely the same way?

hmmmmm! ;)

Calling your unmaned officer the "Stig" is a nice sound bite for the press,

I guess not getting the "stig" involved in the stop will be on the polices own legal advice to distance them self from the entrapment of the speeding motorcyclist

I would assume the "stig's" identinty will be revealed when they finally get round to charging a motorcyclist who chooses to go to trial with proper (expensive) motoring solicitor.

Local to me, the police where on tv proving how reckless 2 motocyclist where pursuing then with 3rd unmarked police bike weighed down with more video kit than a branch of dixon's at 150+

Mr? Veritas God

Always makes me laugh when they are commenting how silly the perp is driving and they are right behind them, better drivers? yes, invincible when someone steps out? no, ask Heather Mills.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

West Sussex now use a KTM.

You would never know it is a police bike.

More easy money in fines.

There is a gyppo type camp on the old Police Station site, next to the new Police station.

Funny how they do f u c all about that.

And the other Gyppos on the A27.

as a fellow biker, bikers that ride recklessly deserve to get caught, but if you believe two wrongs don't make a right why is that copper doubling the risks of who he overtakes at 140 mph, while giving a running commentary ffks?

he might be a brilliant highly trained skilled rider, but a patch of oil, diesel or a puncture in the front wheel, tends to make it a level playing field for all ptw riders skills more level.

The copper might be regarded by colleagues as brave, personally i think like the window cleaner, damn foolhardy and in need of protecting from himself and an over zealous confidence.

Archived