Security Installer Community

Back Yard

bee_man

Nope Norm, the site hasn't got one, not insurance driven-at the moment!-purely master blaster and prox set/unset-I asked questions about prox keys on here previously and used a panel that will allow expansion/conformance if required in the future.

If the beams are broken floodlights come on etc etc.

intended as one,

Thanks.

Thanks to everyone for the opinions. The bird problem I would not have thought of, thanks, I'll attempt to prevent that. My yard is enclosed so I will probably give it a go and see what happens during the trial period. If I get any false alarms I won't leave it connected to the alarm, but turn on a light and sound a piezo for a short time.

bee

if you do fit external detection, ensure things like sheet materials are well secured. Winds can blow them around and upset hither to reliable detection.

Avoid placing leaving out food for wild life, placing motion sensors under tree's, heavy rain gets concentrated the past them, also avoid placing them covering external gas flues, and lastly - don't let the Mrs Hang out the washing if your intending setting them to be on ;).

i'd suggest if your panel supports areas, then place external detection on one, and have a 5 min bell ring time, might save the locals a bit of agro.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived