Security Installer Community

Recommendations For Remote Cctv Pls

whizzer

Vista Smart-tell, easy to set up and works well for the price.

QFA, just had to install one along side Videcons DVR as I have now given up on that thing ever working as it was sold to us.

Willie becareful using the cheaper DVRs, we got cought out with th Videcon concept pro vxmh264, nightmare getting it to work with sentinel as I won't use immix or whatever its called.

Had to put a smarttel/hitel in since.

I recommend Adpro or heitel. Our own monitoring station accepts these and fully monitors them.  I can advise on full port forwarding for these units. We offer installers the job to install but use our monitoring station.

Port forwarding is simple for heitel`s but adpros require both ends ports to be opened.

• 7 months later...

QFA, just had to install one along side Videcons DVR as I have now given up on that thing ever working as it was sold to us.

Willie becareful using the cheaper DVRs, we got cought out with th Videcon concept pro vxmh264, nightmare getting it to work with sentinel as I won't use immix or whatever its called.

Had to put a smarttel/hitel in since.

just out of interest what recording settings did you set it on, an how many cameras :no:

If you don't know what port forwarding is my gut feel is this installation isn't for you.

If you don't know what port forwarding is my gut feel is this installation isn't for you.

we all learn from somewhere

look up portforwading.com for router specific explanation and help, also look up DNS.com which is basically a redirection service, also allowing easy names.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived