Security Installer Community

Optima XL6 manual needed

Guest pap_1

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, first post so here go's, i have just moved into my new house and there is no manual for the alarm, its a OPTIMA XL6. I have managed to down load the instructions for the XM but don't know if this is the same. Any help is much appreciated and thank you in advance.

please could you also email me one for the Optima XL6? also just moved and when tried setting tthe alarm the 'fault in setting' is sounding i.e. the zone indiactors are lit with a broken beep tone - any ideas what the problem might be?

many thanks!

Edited by Chorlton

Hi ,

What is showing on the display when you set the alarm ?.If zone 1 is illuminated , then its most probable that the front door is open , or the detection device is faulty.Try looking for a surface mounted contact with a small wire going to it , or a flush mounted contact sunk into the frame.These come as a pair (switch on the frame , magnet on the door).

Its possible that the front door has been replaced , and the magnet is missing.

Regards.

Hi ,

What is showing on the display when you set the alarm ?.If zone 1 is illuminated , then its most probable that the front door is open , or the detection device is faulty.Try looking for a surface mounted contact with a small wire going to it , or a flush mounted contact sunk into the frame.These come as a pair (switch on the frame , magnet on the door).

Its possible that the front door has been replaced , and the magnet is missing.

Regards.

Hi there,

when i enter the alarm code zones 1 & 3 are lit and the broken beeper sounds... this happens when the front door is closed - i've have a look tonight and see if I can see anything. Who's it best to contact if i need a new magnet - is it a case of getting an engineer out?

thanks for your help....

Zone 3 could be illuminated because a PIR ( movement detector ) is active , or faulty.Have a read of the manual to make sure you are setting it correctly.

Next step should be to call in an engineer , ask around family and neighbours for a recommendation , and have the battery checked out too.

Regards.

Zone 3 could be illuminated because a PIR ( movement detector ) is active , or faulty.Have a read of the manual to make sure you are setting it correctly.

Next step should be to call in an engineer , ask around family and neighbours for a recommendation , and have the battery checked out too.

Regards.

many thanks...

Hi Fastcar or any other expert here, please help. had a fine working optima xl6 alarm system, had lights changed by an electrician 2 days ago and since then the alarm isnt working, there is only the red light of power which is lit, no sound on pressing any buttons, the sensors are working and there is also lights under the buttons of the alarm, tried all tricks of mains etc.. please help, cheers, pep.