Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Sms Charges?

Hi,

recently beengiven an enforcer kit to install in my girlfriends house to try it out,

but have been reading online about it being around 50p per message sent, also that the panel dials a premium ratenumber every 2 weeks to check for updates for the sms number,

can anyone clarify the exact charges please?

thanks

Pyronix do use a premium service for SMS. and yes it does send test messages. We started installing these panels then started getting complaints for the phone bill. We have since moved all our installs to HKC SW1070 - Quantum and Visonic

Pyronix do use a premium service for SMS. and yes it does send test messages. We started installing these panels then started getting complaints for the phone bill. We have since moved all our installs to HKC SW1070 - Quantum and Visonic

Personally see that as an issue with your sales talk/paperwork and the set up of it.

If customers are ,ade full aware of the cost set up they will not be complaining.

If the system is set up just to send intruder signals as a back up to arc monitoring then very few calls will be made anyway (with the opentap system I mean)

Moving to a visconic powermax or whateva may seem like  a good idea to some, but others will disagree. I'll let people guess what I think of the visconic powerSTUFF.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

£12 per year to keep it any changes in the sms service updated isn't bad, I just knock it off the cost of the annual service and everyone is happy. Tbh the text prices seem a little steep but then it's a great incentive for reduced user error in fa's and they're always mindful not to have any.

Compared to the big 3 it's a nice system at a fraction of their price and most people prefer it to a speech dialler nowadays, it's only like sending a pay as you go text really cost wise.

Number shouldn't be premium rate though really....... For the update of the sms server.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

when is the update, what other changes are planned please Jim??  

sorry, I don't have a date for it yet.

You can turn it off is you want to. Or make it call less frequently to cost less. But doing either will slow or stop the CHC doing what it was designed to do. When the O2 TAP server went down we saved a lot people a lot of money by not having to have an engineer call out. Some people will not even know that they where updated.

£12 per year to keep it any changes in the sms service updated isn't bad, I just knock it off the cost of the annual service and everyone is happy. Tbh the text prices seem a little steep but then it's a great incentive for reduced user error in fa's and they're always mindful not to have any.

Compared to the big 3 it's a nice system at a fraction of their price and most people prefer it to a speech dialler nowadays, it's only like sending a pay as you go text really cost wise.

Number shouldn't be premium rate though really....... For the update of the sms server.

There is always the UBS option. A bit limited but if it works on the customers setup, calls are about half that of vofafone.

"When the O2 TAP server went down we saved a lot people a lot of money by not having to have an engineer call out. Some people will not even know that they where updated."

Surely this is the biggest issue we all face with texting using the voda centre is if/when the voda one gets switched off like the o2 and T-Mobile ones did what will the castle system update to?

I personally have the voda one in my primary number and the 50p per text in my secondary number. I always get my open close messages (with just the voda centre i often did not get txts @ dead on 5pm when office closes, i presume castle system is the same- unreliable?) and i will get a text before the arc rings me or the police. from "proper" signalling methods

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

Surely this is the biggest issue we all face with texting using the voda centre is if/when the voda one gets switched off like the o2 and T-Mobile ones did what will the castle system update to?

I personally have the voda one in my primary number and the 50p per text in my secondary number. I always get my open close messages (with just the voda centre i often did not get txts @ dead on 5pm when office closes, i presume castle system is the same- unreliable?) and i will get a text before the arc rings me or the police. from "proper" signalling methods

We are working on a solution to the threat of loosing the Vodfone TAP service. There are alternatives as previously discussed, but we will do our best to prevent a complete outage.

I test the system every day in the same way and find most days the message is within seconds of setting or unsetting the alarm. Perhaps once a month it takes a few minutes but I have never noticed more than about five minutes. I assume this is the TAP server as the panel would have failed before then.

For future panels, I see the Digi GSM being used much more for SMS services and this will bring with it a far better level of service and reliability.

SMS is not substitute for 'proper' signalling. I get the message faster or at the same time as the ARC but I may not be available to take action and the ARC will.

i can't quite believe i just read on here that someone is prepared to discount the annual maint fee so that something they perceive as a value added service can update itself.  offering a substandard service at a knockdown price.  

bring on another recession i say, like a next round of cuts.

I think I said this before about call charges etc.....

No matter what the signalling it MUST be part of the sales talk and the paperwork as to ANY costs.

If the call charges are made clear why would any customer be unhappy and there would be no need for this 12 quid discount that seems mad to many of us.

Its almost like accepting you did wrong by not explaining the costs in the beginning.

Archived