Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Sms Charges?

• 3 weeks later...

Personally tested it lots, think texe set up several systems to all signal at once. It is a clever set up and fully supported unlike voda.

I use it "behind" the voda one. If (when) the voda one drops off open will still work.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

Right, sorry for the delay getting back to you. We have tested open tap and it work very well with all Castle and Pyronix panels that support SMS. Registration is a little fiddly, but if you are serious about wanting emails as well as SMS messages it seem like a good idea. We can not say how reliable this service will be. Time will tell. And the cost is HIGH. No registration fees but 50p per message. This could add up quite quickly of you do not carefully select what the system can send.

So we have Vodafone running now. You have the option to switch to open tap (if you can afford it) or UBS which has limitations but in contrast the call costs are half that of Vodafone and a quarter of open tap. It also seems to be reliable.

We will continue work on this subject. 

For new installations we have the GSM version of the Enforcer. As it is a GSM device, it has no issues sending SMS. We are also going to add this option to the Euro46 on the next update.

Hi,

recently beengiven an enforcer kit to install in my girlfriends house to try it out,

but have been reading online about it being around 50p per message sent, also that the panel dials a premium ratenumber every 2 weeks to check for updates for the sms number,

can anyone clarify the exact charges please?

thanks

Pyronix do use a premium service for SMS. and yes it does send test messages. We started installing these panels then started getting complaints for the phone bill. We have since moved all our installs to HKC SW1070 - Quantum and Visonic

Pyronix do use a premium service for SMS. and yes it does send test messages. We started installing these panels then started getting complaints for the phone bill. We have since moved all our installs to HKC SW1070 - Quantum and Visonic

Personally see that as an issue with your sales talk/paperwork and the set up of it.

If customers are ,ade full aware of the cost set up they will not be complaining.

If the system is set up just to send intruder signals as a back up to arc monitoring then very few calls will be made anyway (with the opentap system I mean)

Moving to a visconic powermax or whateva may seem like  a good idea to some, but others will disagree. I'll let people guess what I think of the visconic powerSTUFF.

30 years of experience, ssaib approved family business.

We have a very long list of clients that we are very proud chose to use us. We have never bought out any other company or forced anyone to use us. All of our customers are free to leave us whenever they wish, yet very few ever have. This is down to the fact that we always put our best into every job.

http://alarmguard.co.uk

£12 per year to keep it any changes in the sms service updated isn't bad, I just knock it off the cost of the annual service and everyone is happy. Tbh the text prices seem a little steep but then it's a great incentive for reduced user error in fa's and they're always mindful not to have any.

Compared to the big 3 it's a nice system at a fraction of their price and most people prefer it to a speech dialler nowadays, it's only like sending a pay as you go text really cost wise.

Number shouldn't be premium rate though really....... For the update of the sms server.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived