Security Installer Community

Price Work

Its been a while for me to but the going rate for an FP install, 10m point with 'them' supplying all the kit is £50 a point. I have worked for £40 a point but it was all in conduit or in a basket.

If anything the rate has gone down due to a lot of the electrical contractors installing the cables themselves (yes we know what a dogs dinner they make of it), if you can get more then you have had a result.

Good luck.

Kev

Its been a while for me to but the going rate for an FP install, 10m point with 'them' supplying all the kit is £50 a point. I have worked for £40 a point but it was all in conduit or in a basket.

If anything the rate has gone down due to a lot of the electrical contractors installing the cables themselves (yes we know what a dogs dinner they make of it), if you can get more then you have had a result.

Good luck.

Kev

the best installs ive seen have always been by sparks

and some of the worst i've seen have also been by sparks.

ive no doubt,but trunk,tray,conduit is a sparks game,i find the jobs ive seen the sparks do it better and quicker,theres also very good fire installers out there too who work for alarm co's,again its just my opinion..

The best fire job I ever seen was fitted on the Westfields shopping centre at Stratford, part of the Olympic village.

All in its own tray with steel ties every 300mm, steel galv from the tray to all wall mounted Sounders and MCP's, and lots of it as well.

No idea who fitted it the the installation was spot on.

Archived