Security Installer Community

Intelligent Vision System For Intrusion Detection

Hey everyone,

I'm in my second year of University, going into my third and so I'll be starting work on my dissertation soon. I'm thinking about topics for this and I thought it would be interesting to investigate an intelligent vision system for intrusion detection.

Does anything like this already exist in the field? It may be useful for outdoor spaces where animals could trigger a normal PIR, integration with CCTV would be a possibility.

Any thoughts, comments/suggestions?

I've seen such software demo'd at trade events for external CCTV but never gone further into it. Looking at it from an ARC point of view, if this technology could become available and reliable, it would save a fortune in wage bills.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Ah yes! OpenCV library with C++ does seem to be the best approach for a low cost solution, which is what I'm aiming for. The Kinect was another option I've been looking into but it's too expensive and impractical to be a viable solution.

Recently i was told of internal CCTv kit that analyses behavioural patterns to identify shoplifters - a principle that might be adaptable to external use?

be no good in countries with free roaming monkeys though ;).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived