Security Installer Community

Home Set-Up

Dan24

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the outcome?

he's the bosses son, so we didn't take it any further as there was no point, although the video did end up going around the office which was a bit embarrassing for him.

the engineer who's van it was got his tools back! lol

he's the bosses son, so we didn't take it any further as there was no point, although the video did end up going around the office which was a bit embarrassing for him.

So you employ a known thief and allow him to attend customer premises???

Makes you wonder what else he's been helping himself to! If I caught him stealing tools from me, a bit of footage going around the office would be the least of his worries.

Trade Member

his intention wasn't to keep them, he was basically just borrowing a test monitor without asking (to be fair, we were in a rush, and the engineer who's van it was wasn't around to be asked)

Makes you wonder what else he's been helping himself to! If I caught him stealing tools from me, a bit of footage going around the office would be the least of his worries.

But you said earlier:

i do have this though... of one of my colleagues nicking tools from another engineers van on site... captured by a PTZ camera that HE INSTALLED! just 20 mins prior! lol...

See how it looks and how wrong impressions can be formed??

skywalker, on 27 May 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:snapback.png

Unfortunately seen this twice in companies where the son(s) are  "allowed"  to work.

On both occasions (That I am aware of, and of those the sons said "It was the only time dad". Yeah right, the only times he was caught) the father paid the customer to keep quiet and also threw in the jobs ( £4k on average)  for free too.

The brother also has issues and is allowed to work although that was stopped a while back, but have heard he is still about.

I`m sure this happens in other trades too, however I am glad I was disassociated from the above many years ago now.

The old Shorrock Pentagon, ain't seen one of them for a good few years.

It's bloody huge too

Not sure about the 20+ year old Apollo D's in a shed! eBay tat?

Yep ebay, it's not really the shed alarm, more an alarm in a shed on a piece of board. I used it to develop a Raspberry Pi communicator as the Accenta has Intruder/Pa/Fire outputs.

They were a good size, due to the Freidland bell and potted electronics block . They also had a small Yuasa 1a battery and clear strobe to illuminate the box. Takes me back does that....

They were a good size, due to the Freidland bell and potted electronics block . They also had a small Yuasa 1a battery and clear strobe to illuminate the box. Takes me back does that....

Someone took the bell out of mine :(

Shorrock Bell Inside

Looks like it has a footprint for a rectangular strobe too, any knowledge on that? 

Archived