Security Installer Community

Published My First Windows Phone App

james.wilson

Well sent it in for approval.

Very basic app just for our use really but is designed to replace the paper the timesheets and fuel forms we have.

Just replaces the existing paper form we use but adds gps location at each entry.

post-6868-0-47488200-1369431094_thumb.jp

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

How does it work. Is it like apple where you have to submit it and if they think its **** they won't let people download it?

For some reason with MAS technician it isn't shown on the normal AppStore, it is only available by invitation only on the vpp program but MASmobile is. I wondered if apple wouldn't let it n the normal AppStore as it is a restricted appeal.

Not sure how google and windows manage apps?

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Google is much easier than Apple.  You can also distribute your APK for download anywhere, but Android devices have to allow from unknown source to install if not from Google - a simple step. 

Amazon is similar, but locked devices cannot install outwith Amazon.

I cannot remember the last time I seen someone with a Windows phone.

windows phone 8 allows a company store. Id rather use that but as all the other phones are wp7 they don't have that option. So im going to publish stuff to the main store so we can use it.

Ill update some of the internal wm6 apps we used in the coming weeks. Some of those will be of general use but don't need to upload data to a server. This app does so I may need to modify it IF its downloaded and used as it may cause a problem. I cant see why anyone would download an app and use it when they cant get at the data it generates.

I also hope MS don't decide if its sh## or not cos if they do im gonna have to do something else to get it through.

I cannot remember the last time I seen someone with a Windows phone.

me lol

We went android for one set of phones but will not be doing that again. I cant write full C and the android dev environment is alien to me. I use visual studio and that allows me to write wp apps. As such it was a no brainer when wp became stable for us to use it.

lol, already thought of that it identifies the handset and will look like its accepting the upload but will be auto dropped if not one of ours.

I could of put password etc in it but then someone on here would have reversed it lol

lol, already thought of that it identifies the handset and will look like its accepting the upload but will be auto dropped if not one of ours.

I could of put password etc in it but then someone on here would have reversed it lol

And told the world via twatter

just curious James, having location and time at, why you log drivers milage? is that for tax form analogy work/private use, or do you charge milage?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Applied a few improvements first version was a bid sh.. in the field.

Still not rolled out to the engineers im still testing it on my phone but I have now started the office app. There is also another app that will show last locations on the reception and office screens.

post-6868-0-78459400-1369863765_thumb.jp

post-6868-0-83060400-1369863800_thumb.jp

Archived