Security Installer Community

Hobbyist

Dan24

I'm not sure I would advise having anything to do with manufacturing as a long term career plan unless you want to emigrate to Africa. Hardly anything is built in the UK anymore.  There's still a little bit of hardware design, but it's pretty much gone too.

Becoming a software engineer is probably a better bet if you have the brains for it.

Sensible words

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I would advise having anything to do with manufacturing as a long term career plan unless you want to emigrate to Africa. Hardly anything is built in the UK anymore.  There's still a little bit of hardware design, but it's pretty much gone too.

Becoming a software engineer is probably a better bet if you have the brains for it.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews130102.html it seems they're not so popular with homeowners 

True unfortunately, it certainly seems to be heading that way. 

Their the leading brand, looking in a leading brand car forum & you'll see similar rants.

Agreed. Even if ADT had 90% customer satisfaction, that remaining 10% is a lot of pissed off people.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Do ADT have engineers or do they get companies in to fit the stuff? I see ADT vans around but I've heard for smaller installs, they contract companies in to fit and sign off the system? 

most companies use sub contractors but adt do have a 'dealer' program. Is that what you mean?

Yep.

How did you all get into the trades? What qualifications do you need to become an installer? 

Archived